Contributor

I tried to sit and watch Rachel last evening on Q2 with 2 hours of Denim and Company.  After about 20 minutes I had to shut the tv off.  She must have had 4 cups of coffee before she went on the air.  She was talking so fast and running back and forth to the models so fast that I was worn out!!  Guess it's fortunate I can go on the computer and see what was offered.  

Honored Contributor

I am starting to wonder if they have quotas to meet and if things aren’t selling well they get frantic.They might lose their prime time slots or not get the more popular items to sell.

Honored Contributor

@dex . I think you're probably right!

Honored Contributor

She is always like that. I can only watch a few of the hosts, these days. They are loud, voices are unpleasant, or they don't let the vendor speak.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is unkind

Esteemed Contributor

These hosts  have all sorts of people in their ear and with meetings coaching them on how to do better.

They are trying to keep their jobs and contracts as  Q has no loyalty to it's employees.

Honored Contributor

I have found more hosts than not are difficult to watch for any length of time.  The Q needs to change the format.  Listening to the same old tiresome selling points is a turn off in itself.  How many time do we need to hear about easy pay, colors, how many items are being sold and flying out the door.  I was watching a show where the host kept insisting a certain color of top was going fast etc. The color chart shown didn't indicate that at all.  

Fast talking hosts, repetitive selling points, same old used comments, rude and interrupting hosts, has made me save money.  I shop on line where I have the choice of watching the video of a presentation if I want.  Rachael and other hosts need to calm down and find some new ways of selling the products.  Besides there is so much more on TV worthwhile, books for me to read, going out and socializing, the Q. is but a now and then experience.  It works for me.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is unkind

Respected Contributor

Did you happen to hear her repeat her instruction in her ear piece, “to ham it up”?

I think that the powers that be are responsible for a lot of the frantic and frenetic behavior by hosts.

Honored Contributor

I happened to catch QVC2 last night when she was selling the corduroy pants.  I was interested in the item so I watched.  IMO one of the problems for the hosts is that they spend so much time on one product.  How can anyone talk about a pair of pants for 20 minutes or more???  Yes, she was talking fast, off topic but what can one say for that length of time.  This is management's problem.  They obviously have a quota to reach and keep the product on until it's met.  Big mistake, IMO.