Esteemed Contributor

I hope this new inflation is not a permanent reality. My monthly expenses have gone up $500. The Q's new prices will just make smart shoppers smarter and better shoppers. 

Respected Contributor

I'm just glad I own what I already do ....trying not to shop ....

Esteemed Contributor

@Foxxee  Try WoolOvers-USA for quality cashmere. I'm still wearing cashmere and can't imagine ever giving it up! WoolOvers is in Europe and I

usually spend $125 which enables FREE S&H. They carry natural fibers in wool, linen, cotton, etc., in wonderful colors and styles. Be sure to check the sizing (sometimes items run small)! Best place ever for top quality tops and sweaters.  

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Respected Contributor

Re: Wow, Isaac's prices!!!

[ Edited ]

I still like Isaac's 70% pima cotton, though they are not as good as the 100% he used to have.  The prices are QVC's prices, not Isaac's.  Sellers do not get to determine the price - that's QVC's decision, so they are not to blame.  As others have said, I, too, am shopping my closet and trying my best not to shop too much.  I noticed that an item offered as a one day deal will increase more than the normal expected increase, is happening.  There are a several fashion items, Isaac's and others, that I have purchased in September as a bonus buy, today only price, or TSV, where the cost has gone up about $10.00 or more in October.

Respected Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

We are experiencing record inflation....it is impacting every area of our lives.  Isaac's prices are not a surprise unfortunately,   I agree that it can become a tiresome comment as this is our new reality.  

This is so true.....I almost fell out again at the grocery store yesterday!  The prices of Chuck roast...I can't remember it EVER being that high.  I went to see about some chicken breast's...there were only 2 packs left...I asked the butcher lady if they had a power failure and she said "no power failure...we just have NO chicken".  I could see why people purchased the chicken at least the prices were not to bad yet.  

I am having sticker shock all the time these days....so yes Isaac's line is up alot from last yr but so are all the other lines here too.  I just don't purchase anything like that for 2 reason I truly don't NEED it....have alot of clothes....and it's too risky with sizing and quality with the shipping charges both ways.  Can't do it!

Don't even get me going on gas...it is almost painful to pump gas...I had to stop before I hit over $60 to fill up the other day...I couldn't handle it mentally! We try to make big trips to Costco to get everything but I still need fresh veggies and things at the local store.  

Honored Contributor

There were quite a few complaints here about QVC's high prices and lower quality before this inflation.  

There may be a backlash when shoppers only buy what they need that will be a lot less than what they were buying.  

Honored Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

@Foxxee  Try WoolOvers-USA for quality cashmere. I'm still wearing cashmere and can't imagine ever giving it up! WoolOvers is in Europe and I

usually spend $125 which enables FREE S&H. They carry natural fibers in wool, linen, cotton, etc., in wonderful colors and styles. Be sure to check the sizing (sometimes items run small)! Best place ever for top quality tops and sweaters.  

@BirkiLady 

Yes, I purchased a few things from WoolOvers.  They have good quality and prices.  

Trusted Contributor
Well QVC might set his prices, but I’m sure he weighs in on the deal with what percentage of the profit he wants. I mean it’s obviously not 100% QVC’s decision.
Honored Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

Isaac and Susan sell their merchandise in bulk by the thousands. That's why we expect BETTER prices than stores with a door.

@febe1 QVC owns the SG brand.  Graver doesn't sell her merchandise to QVC.  Isaac also sold his brand several years ago. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

We are experiencing record inflation....it is impacting every area of our lives.  Isaac's prices are not a surprise unfortunately,   I agree that it can become a tiresome comment as this is our new reality.  

The good thing is we don't have to buy.  I think people will shop for only what they need eventually.