Contributor

I watched Kim Gravel last night. I just love her clothes; however, I don't own any. I just won't pay nor can I justify $65 for a shirt or a hoodie. I'm always tempted to buy something, but never do.  The cost stops me cold.

The thing I've been noticing lately are the "This is the only order of the year" or "When this is gone, it's never coming back" lines. I get it; it's so that you rush to order before you color/size are gone. But are these clothing items really selling out that fast, especially at these prices? I don't care for the play-by-plays as to how many are left in each color either.

I can't really believe that people are flocking to their phones/computers/ apps to order these way overpriced items and that they are truly selling out. 

Oh well, I'm not paying this kind of money for a hoodie anyway, so I guess it doesn't matter. It's just something I have noticed a lot lately.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@febe1 wrote:

Isaac and Susan sell their merchandise in bulk by the thousands. That's why we expect BETTER prices than stores with a door.

@febe1 QVC owns the SG brand.  Graver doesn't sell her merchandise to QVC.  Isaac also sold his brand several years ago. 

Yes, @Kachina624 , I know this, and I in no way am "blaming" them for prices.  

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 

@Kachina624 wrote:

Have you checked out the prices on Logo lately?  Lori is another vendor who sold her brand in the past year and prices have zoomed upward.  She'll have to keep it;  too many of us can't afford $75 for a top or $65+ for a pair of pants. 

@Kachina624 

You hit on something.  Xcel gets a cut now, too, since Isaac sold himself to them.  

So, it's Isaac, Xcel, and QVC.  Lori also sold herself to this company.   

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Have you checked out the prices on Logo lately?  Lori is another vendor who sold her brand in the past year and prices have zoomed upward.  She'll have to keep it;  too many of us can't afford $75 for a top or $65+ for a pair of pants. 

Shoppers are not stupid, @Kachina624 . We all have research and shopping at our fingertips. The  Q once stood for quality and value. I have some lovely things from the Q, but I didn't take a loyalty oath. And I not interested in throwing my money out the window. 

Isaac acts like he invented Pima cottoAnd overcharges his t-shirts. LLBean has had Pima cotton t'ees for decades. They don't give them away, but they're always $l0. or $20. cheaper than Isaacs. And it's everything of his and Susan's, which I'm more familiar with. 

They have nice things, but htey're not the only place with nice things and many with lower prices.

That's OK. We can all shop where and what we like. And btw, Carol Hochman, I've been buying from Costco for years at real prices. And no, they're not seconds.

Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

I think "Oh that's cute" is going to change more to "Do I really need those."

Or, @Sooner , can I find "cute" at a fairer price.

Honored Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

I think "Oh that's cute" is going to change more to "Do I really need those."

Or, @Sooner , can I find "cute" at a fairer price.

@febe1 I honestly think we will all be wearing a lot more of what we have and "cute" won't be such a big deal going forward.  I think "cute" will be replaced by rising prices, taxes, along with fuel and medical costs. 

Regular Contributor
Issac is an award winning designer and his fabrics are beautiful and of good quality, hence the higher price. SG uses “liquid knit” which is a fancy name for synthetic fiber polyester. It is probably the cheapest fabric on earth and is destroying the environment. Consequently her high prices given the content of her fabrics is seriously ridiculous and I refuse to buy her cheaply made clothes. Logo has design problem. Sometimes I can’t believe how terrible the hosts look in her outfits. I do not pay a penny for her designs and I don’t own any Logo.
Honored Contributor

@Lovevienna   Isaac is no longer the designer for the clothes being sold on QVC...this was discussed throughout this thread.  He is called in to sell his "name" not his designs. His company was sold to Excel (QVC).

@Lovevienna wrote:
Issac is an award winning designer and his fabrics are beautiful and of good quality, hence the higher price.