Honored Contributor

Re: Would you wear sneakers with a dress or skirt?

@CatsyCline wrote:

Related image

Related image

Image result for stan smiths with skirts

Related image

My opinion is that all the above outfits would look much better with a cute pair of comfortable flats.  I don't think tennis shoes look good at all with these outfits.

I think Ked's-type tennis shoes look good with summer outfits or a denim skirt - for all ages.   I don't like running shoes with clothing.  I especially don't like white running shoes with the above black outfit.

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Nonametoday wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

At one time, I wouldn't.  But I have two bone on bone knees and will wear any shoes that don't hurt my feet or make my knees feel worse.

It is better to wear practical shoes that are comfortable, than shoes you can't comfortably walk in. For many, that shoe is a sneaker. 

Women are known for wearing uncomfortable shoes, but not men.  They don'the feed into the silly fashion hype.

@Carmie 

My boys are executives.  They, like their momma, all have bunions.  They know from experience that beauty knows no pain and so they do not wear sneakers.  They never, never, ever, ever wear sneakers except to jog and take treadmill tests.

@Nonametoday, does this mean that they'd rather suffer to look good? Or am totally missing it?

@suzyQ3  - There's probably a dress code at work that they are not allowed to wear sneakers.

@San Antonio Gal, yes, I'm sure it wouldn't be favored by some companies. I guess I just inferred that the OP was asking whether we would if we could. :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

I personally on wear heels with my bathing suit.  LOL   JK  I could not resist.

Honored Contributor

Only way to wear them....a short skirt.  That's all.  Very cute together.  Got the legs? Then wear em.

Image result for mini skirts and sneakers"

Respected Contributor

I won't because I'll look like a gym teacher on the verge of retirement (I think actually that is what one of our oldest gym teachers did wear in the Sixties.) 

But when you are young and sleek, you can wear odd combinatons and look cool and trendy. Esp those short flounce skirts. Look fun with sneakers. Even pencil skirts do.

My sister (almost as old as me) was commenting yesterday "who wears panty hose anymore! Get rid of those!" I go to Wall Street and see execs in bare legs and it still gives me a pause. But then I thought of the slips, girdles and suspender belts for stockings (no panty hose) in my drawer as a teen and had to laugh at myself. The stuff we wore!

Honored Contributor

@Campion   Any skirt will do as long as it's above the knee.  I don't care for the long skirts with socks & sneakers.  Still has a dowdy look. Awful look from the early 1950s. But I've worn short flouncy skirts with socks & sneakers.  Have worn them to work too.  I work at a university.  Tons of students (only time they're out of jeans) wear that combo.  

Image result for short skirt sneakers"

Honored Contributor

SMH.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

SMH.

Like clockwork. 

Respected Contributor

I cannot help but notice, some posters think their "fashion style" is the only acceptable style.Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@songbird wrote:

@Campion   Any skirt will do as long as it's above the knee.  I don't care for the long skirts with socks & sneakers.  Still has a dowdy look. Awful look from the early 1950s. But I've worn short flouncy skirts with socks & sneakers.  Have worn them to work too.  I work at a university.  Tons of students (only time they're out of jeans) wear that combo.  

Image result for short skirt sneakers"

Nice for a 16 year old girl. Otherwise, a perfect example of one of those DON’TS in Glamour Magazine. Unless you are under the age of 25 and slim that get-up would get laughed at where I live. And for work? You got to be kidding me. LOL