Esteemed Contributor

Re: Would you wear sneakers with a dress or skirt?

[ Edited ]

I have worn sneakers with a casal dress/skirt, but not the same type I wear for exercise.  When I wear sneakers with my regular outfits whether it's a dress or pants, think elevated Keds classic style like these Vince Camutos (sold at QVC).    

Honored Contributor

No, I don't like sneakers, unless I am out for a power walk....it's the only time I wear a shoe like that.

Honored Contributor

Sneakers are ok with a denim skirt but not my personal preference. 

Honored Contributor

@yellowsapphire wrote:
Some say the athleisure trend is big now. I would say it is considering how many brands the Q carries LOGO, Cuddle Duds, Barefoot Dreams to name a few.

I dress business casual at work. Lots of my co-workers only wear jeans and tennies every day. I am old school because I grew up learning that you should dress for the job you want not the job you have. I also just like to dress up because I feel more confident when I look my best.

So I really like alot of the athleisure wear, especially skirts, dresses and tops. It's hard for me to jump on the "tennis shoes with a skirt or dress" when I used to wear heels most of the time. I try to wear comfortable shoes now because I need more support.

Maybe I will try it. I really prefer to be comfortable and dressed at the same time. 😉

Yes, plus they are comfortableSmiley Happy

Respected Contributor

yes,  with a summer skirt or sundress i think a nice clean pair of white keds is awesome.  

Honored Contributor

Since I am a person who doesn't wear dresses casually, I would not.  I think they're ok with a denim skirt or a casual dress, but they would have to be the appropriate kind of sneaker, not the typical gym shoe.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes and I have. Depends on the dress and it's never the typical workout sneaker - rather a fashion sneaker. 

Esteemed Contributor

No. Plenty of nice sandals or shoes to wear with dresses and skirts.

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Respected Contributor

Yes I do, because I dress pretty casually and at work it's business casual so there's no need for very fancy footwear. And if you had the feet I do - size 13 W, swells as the day goes on, sneakers and comfortable flats are the shoes of choice, although in the summer I wear sandals and in the fall & winter I wear boots. No high heels for me -it'd be like Sasquatch trying to play dress up, and I can't wear anything higher than a 1 1/2 inch heel. 

Honored Contributor

Image For Fit Mesh Sneakers from JJillI got these from J. Jill.  They're adorable with a casual dress or skirt.