Contributor

Would you wear sneakers with a dress or skirt?

Some say the athleisure trend is big now. I would say it is considering how many brands the Q carries LOGO, Cuddle Duds, Barefoot Dreams to name a few.

I dress business casual at work. Lots of my co-workers only wear jeans and tennies every day. I am old school because I grew up learning that you should dress for the job you want not the job you have. I also just like to dress up because I feel more confident when I look my best.

So I really like alot of the athleisure wear, especially skirts, dresses and tops. It's hard for me to jump on the "tennis shoes with a skirt or dress" when I used to wear heels most of the time. I try to wear comfortable shoes now because I need more support.

Maybe I will try it. I really prefer to be comfortable and dressed at the same time. 😉
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Would you wear sneakers with a dress or skirt?

I would with a tee shirt dress or denim skirt. I've seen a few sweater dresses that are casual with tights and the xneakers don't look bad.    

Honored Contributor

Only while going to and from wherever I was going.  Before I retired, I always wore "sneakers" commuting and changed into shoes at work.

I don't live a "athleisure" lifestyle.  Not at all interested in that style of clothing.  

Super Contributor

Not going to happen with me. Sneakers (running shoes) are for walking/jogging/exercising. 

Honored Contributor

@yellowsapphire 

No I wouldn't. Athleisure isn't my style. Never has been.

Don't do it just because you think it's how they're being worn; do you!

Honored Contributor

It's a light, casual sort of airy look for summer.  In the winter?  No, not practical.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, when I was at work and had to run all over a big facility to meet with staff on 6 floors.  I had a desk job but I hated phone tag so I'd run around using the steps instead of the slow elevators to meet with busy physicians .

If I'm  going out I wear nice shoes to match my outfit .

Respected Contributor

I would wear sneakers with a t-shirt dress or a casual swing dress made from t-shirt material, though I almost always opt for sandals instead.

I can't stand wearing sneaker without socks, and hate the look of socks with a dress....so I would have to wear those no-show socks, too.

Always sandals in the summer, with a skirt.

Honored Contributor

There's nothing wrong with staying in your comfort zone.  My department is business casual but when I go into the office, I would not wear sneakers with dresses.  I don't recall any women going that far.  On my own time, I have worn white tennis shoes with tee shirt dresses.

Esteemed Contributor

I wear sneakers with dresses and skorts all the time.  But they are not the big clunky sneakers, they are the lighter slimmer sneakers.  I work in a very casual office and don't need to dress up at all.  But I want to wear all my dresses and skorts so I wear sneakers.  Wearing heels and dressier shoes would not be comfortable in the warehouse (or anywhere for that matter).  So glad my days of wearing heels are over.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead