Respected Contributor

Re: Would you wear it? B.Kinsel (all about the scarf)...

I think she looks so pretty in the first picture w/the brighter colors.  This particular scarf is not my taste, but I think she looks great in it.  I also think the longer cardigan makes her appear taller as opposed to the second picture.

I wore more scarves when I was a working person.  Now retired, I really have no occasion to wear my gorgeous silk scarves, plus I now live in a much warmer climate.  I have heard that European women often wear scarves w/their outfits, and the scarves certainly do dress up an otherwise plain outfit.  I like the look of a silk scarf tied and knotted under a white button-down w/jeans and a good belt.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

Perfect colorwheel colors.

Honored Contributor

No!!  I really do not like scarves or most accessorizing with jewelry, etc.  They just get in the way and can get caught in and on things!!  I'm way too active to be bothered!!

Respected Contributor

Rer it? B.Kinsel (all about the scarf)...

I like the whole outfit in the first photo. I would wear a white tee & I don't care for the scarf but she wears it well.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

recently found a new website with GORGEOUS scarves and shawls.......scarflings.com. not cheap, but beautiful designs and materials.

@sunshine45 

Thank you for the website suggestion.  What lovely scarves here, large enough to use as a saree.  I have (occasionally) worn long, wide scarves over midi-length pencil skirts, by wrapping around booty and bringing up and tying at waist.  Rare finds, large beautiful silk scarves. 

Honored Contributor

The only scarves I wear are for warmth never a fashion item, the first photo looks like she is wearing a bib 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

I think the yellow scarf in the first pic is the wrong style and fabric for the outfit.

I’m a big fan of scarves and have worn them ever since 1970 when I got a silk designer scarf as a gift I now hundreds of scarves in every color and fabric and wear a scarf most days.

For summer, I’ve made some lacy crochet scarves in metallic yarns that really jazz up a simple summer outfit.
Esteemed Contributor

I like a small colorful scarf that adds a tiny little color punch to the outfit.  When all you see is scarf first, and the outfit seems to be an accessory to The Scarf, I don't like it.   (think how Isaac Mizrahi likes to wrap gigantic scarves on his models... ugh)   So the above outfits with the orange scarf and the yellow scarf are ugly to me.

I will say that I agree with @Andreatoo on the definition of fly-away sweater.  If there's one button, it's a fly-away.  No button = open-front sweater.  Looove that cropped fly-away sweater, by the way.....

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

I think she has picked out the uglist scarves I have ever seen. 

Respected Contributor

@sunshine45 Thank you sunshine for the connection to the Scarflings web site.  Just beautiful scarves there, and yes, expensive.  I saw one that looked at my present favorite scarf...I have a collection, including the Linea botonical and a Burberry scarf given to me as a present. Here is the scarf I saw on the web site that was similar to the one I have worn all winter...  Sundance.com has some scarves a little less expensive and some are on sale.  The Sundance quality is good as I have found .  Thanks again.  Good scarf hunting.

Ornate Onyx Wool Shawl