Esteemed Contributor

Would you wear it? B.Kinsel (all about the scarf)...

This is Brenda Kinsel (brendakinsel dotcom). 

Except for when she crosses over from artful to artsy fartsy, which happens a lot, I enjoy her style and appreciate that she's in my age group (she's younger, I'm sure), but willing to take chances and has a youthful look.

Her recent post was all about the scarf.

I stopped buying scarves last year for various reasons, but I love this one...it's colorful and ties in with her sweater and doesn't overwhelm her.

If you kept up with my previous closet threads, then you know how I feel about fly away cardis...let's just not go there again!!!  hahaha

Except for the cardigan, I love everything about this outfit and would wear it. 

transition outfits

But, this outfit?   Don't like anything about it and wouldn't wear it...go figure.

jean outfits in February

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Respected Contributor

Re: Would you wear it? B.Kinsel (all about the scarf)...

I would wear the first outfit with a different scarf, as I don’t like orange or really bright colors. It looks nice on her.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I live for flyaway cardigans and vests LOL. I hate jackets and structured pieces 😎

Honored Contributor

The scarf adds a pop of youth and brightness in the first photo.  I'm usually not a fan of orange, but in this case it is attractive.  I think it would be easy to find a similar scarf, an inexpensive upgrade.

Honored Contributor

Yes, on my head.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

recently found a new website with GORGEOUS scarves and shawls.......scarflings.com. not cheap, but beautiful designs and materials.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I like the first one but I feel like you do about the open front sweaters.  Change it out for a navy blazer or coat  with structure would look great.  

The second picture I don't like her outfit because I am not a fan of uneven hems and I don't think the yellow scarf is tied attractively.  They way she has the scarf fixed looks good over a heavy coat but not a t-shirt.  

PS:  Good to see you posting.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've seen the term flyaway used for more than one type of sweater. I'm not a fan of the long open front cardigan but what I think of as flyaway I like! When I looked it up there were pictures of a few different styles that were unrelated! LOL

This is what I refer to as fly away

41A071CB-5374-4EC0-B407-53B93A535DEC.jpegIt's definitely reminiscent of a traditional cardigan, which I do like, but with a single closure at the neckline

Honored Contributor

I like the low boots in the first photo -- that's it.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I'm not a scarf wearer, so no I wouldn't wear it.  I do like it in the photo.  The outfit needed that pop of color.