Esteemed Contributor

Re: Would you buy new clothes packaged in garbage bags?

I would not but I don't dig through clothes on tables either. I want my clothing in B&M stores displayed nicely.  Has nothing to do with Kanye, very little of his clothing would be appropriate for me. 

Such a brillent man with a mental illness, it's a shame but he sure loves his children.

Valued Contributor

Wouldn't give him a dime for his wares.

Esteemed Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

All the nuts aren't in trees.

That's a good one @CrazyKittyLvr2 

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

I would never buy anything from Kanye West. Period.

Esteemed Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

I prefer to look and purchase something hanging on a hanger.  It's easier to look at than a bunch of clothing on the floor @gertrudecloset .  The clothing on the floor gives an illusion that these are clearance or less-than-perfect garmets for sale. 

kanye.PNG

@San Antonio Gal isn't that shameful?  People have to dig through to find the right size or item unless none of this is criteria for purchase.....

All I can do is shake my head about his "vision."

Esteemed Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

Well, maybe if he gets his "inspiration" from the poor he should just take it one step further and donate new clothing to the poor on a large scale.  Wouldn't THAT be inspiring?!

As for me, no I wouldn't stoop over and sift through clothing placed in garbage bags!  Yuck!

@haddon9 he supposedly has made some promises in Chicago that he's being called out on with regard to the homeless.  He made promises his lying self isn't keeping.

Honored Contributor

He's demeaning the homeless.  He's making fun of them.  He's having a big laugh at the poorest, most needy segment of our society and he's profiting from it.  He seems to be a thug who got lucky in life and doesn't understand that his success wasn't about talent.  He was just in the right place at the right time.  And now he has followers who have seen the PR pictures of him walking around in layers of clothes like a homeless man and they want to look like fools too.  They have money to burn so they'll have some fun playing this mean spirited Gap/Kanye game.  What is wrong the cudtomers that they can't see this for what it is.

Honored Contributor

Yes the point is how homeless people are being demeaned. That's also being done by Balenciaga, I read recently about their $2,000 "handbag" that looks like a trash bag.

It's disgusting and shameful.
"If you really want to shock the world unleash your kindness"
Esteemed Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21   I Googled that $2000 "trash" bag just to see what it looked like.  Good God. 

It is demeaning to homeless people.  Some people only have a real trashbag to carry what belongings they have.

Let's see,  big bucks for holey jeans that look like ones my mom threw in the trash and 2 grand for handbags that look like trashbags.

Whatever floats your boat, I guess.

Esteemed Contributor

I don’t think it’s demeaning to the homeless. He is outrageous & it’s his gimmick. The fact is that The Gap accepted them, displays them and they are selling out.

Personally, I like shopping online and don’t want my clothing handled. I’ve had no problem with QVC merchandise & all of my packages come sealed & Ive shopped QVC for many years. I don’t buy “as is”. Nordstrom is my other go to store & no issues. So I’m certainly not going to shop out of a “construction bag” as he calls it.

The product is selling out so purchasers don’t mind. One customer at an interview stated “it was fun”

I don’t think a homeless person is worried about being insulted but concentrating on where they will sleep tonight, their next meal or safety issues.