Regular Contributor

Re: Would like to see more of Louis Del'Olio and...

Louis is a class act.  The only line I will buy now.  Q needs to rethink these silly styles they are showing.  They don't seem to want "grown up" women. Even Denim and co is silly looking now and huge.

Respected Contributor

I was watching "Agatha Raisin" last night on PBS (an Acorn production like Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries) and it is set in current time, Great Britain, and I kept thinking how fabulous she looked in her wonderful ensembles and how much they resembled Linea clothing items, even the beret!  

I love and wear mostly Linea.  Turned on QVC last night and was open mouthed to see poor Kate looking like a ragamuffin in Logo.  She doesn't always, some Logo suits er and she can wear anything and look fabulous, but last night was the limit.  I turned it off to wait for my PBS show.

Even if I wanted a few basic logo pieces (long tanks, etc.) to mix in with my casual wardrobe they are too over-priced for what you get, so I buy those sorts of things locally, Marshall's, department store sales, etc.

More Linea please!  I had to resort to ordering a back-up Linea Whisper Knit black swing sweater this week as nothing new has appeared......

Honored Contributor

They feature what sells and apparently that's Logo, although I don't know why.  It's expensive and not suited for many lifestyles.  I don't see people wearing that kind of clothing where I live.  I don't work and don't think it's suitable for pulling weeds and mopping floors, but neither is most of Linea. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I wonder what the different numbers or stats are for each of the lines that QVC sells. Something tells me if a particular clothing line sells well and few returns, we see more of it.

I do enjoy Linea but often times there is little stock. My fall winter wardrobe I bought the ponte pants and they look brand new, although I wore them frequently. The quality is excellent.

Respected Contributor

I LOVE his Whisper Knit sweaters!!!  They are beautiful and nicely made.

Honored Contributor

@KrimpetteSad for those who want more -  not sad at all for me.  I don't own a single piece. 

Nothing wrong with either Linea or Logo -  thousands of women buy lots and lots of what they sell. 

Would they buy more if it were shown more?   I have no idea how they figure that out, but I know I wouldn't.  All that would do is add another few hours I'd be watching something besides QVC -  I used to watch products I really didn't intend to buy, but I have had a pretty strong rein on that for several years  now.

Sometimes I wonder if it isn't a nice myth Louis has figured out to blame QVC that he doesn't bring more on the air.  That he's got his company to a great place for him and Jac -  big enough to provide a nice retirement income and small enough that they get lots of time for themselves without working 80 hours a week all year long as he probably did for years when he was in his peak working years.

Still -  doesn't matter to me which side is really in charge -  I'm just not in the L markets!

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

I wonder what the different numbers or stats are for each of the lines that QVC sells. Something tells me if a particular clothing line sells well and few returns, we see more of it.

I do enjoy Linea but often times there is little stock. My fall winter wardrobe I bought the ponte pants and they look brand new, although I wore them frequently. The quality is excellent.

@Trinity11

And therein lies the rub. How do you get real stats when only a handful are given the prime time slots?? (and multiple shows per week)

It's easy to say that SG sells best when her visibility is 3 fold higher than most! The same with Logo!

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Trinity11

And therein lies the rub. How do you get real stats when only a handful are given the prime time slots?? (and multiple shows per week)

It's easy to say that SG sells best when her visibility is 3 fold higher than most! The same with Logo!

Yes, very true! I do remember when Louis once said on one of his presentations that sometimes his hands are tied regarding details to his clothing because QVC wants him to set a certain price point. I think if he was allowed to design his garments the way that he wants to, we would see a lot of very unique designs.....

Honored Contributor

louis will be featured on QVC2 and have a "deal of the day" coming up. it is an all cotton top/jacket.

check out his blog AND check out the linea forum for more details.

i am not buying as much linea as i used to. the line has changed quite a bit and there are less and less items i am interested in. i purchased one item the last time he was on. i am not really looking for anything too conservative. would love to see him bring in more new items versus bringing in new colors of items that have been around for years.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Trinity11 wrote:

I remember when Louis once said on one of his presentations that sometimes his hands are tied regarding details to his clothing because QVC wants him to set a certain price point. I think if he was allowed to design his garments the way that he wants to, we would see a lot of very unique designs.....

@Trinity11

I guess if LDO is willing to compromise his designs to sell on QVC ... that's his fault.  No one is forcing him to do business with QVC - particularly now - there are other shopping channels, catalogs, and websites.

After Renee Greenstein left QVC for a time (after the original Citiknits), I was buying her Attitudes line from a catalog whose name I can't recall at the moment.