Honored Contributor

Re: Would Your Man Wear $2,200 Dress From Gucci?

No but it interests me how deeply ingrained gender issues with perception of what is feminine and what is masculine are so prevalent.

When my son was about 2 my Mom bought him a floral Hawaiian shirt. He refused to wear it because he said it was for a girl. Yet my daughter refused to wear pink anything and hated dresses. 

Interesting that after all these years we continue to assign aspects of femininity and masculinity to articles of clothing.

Honored Contributor

Absolutely not!  My husband is a MAN!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

Mine sure wouldn't, LOL, LOL! Mine is still cracking up laughing!

Italian luxury brand Gucci is selling a $2,200 orange check dress which features satin bow detail in a bid to fight the 'toxic stereotypes that mold masculine gender identity'.

The 'Tartan cotton long smock shirt,' which comes with mother of pearl buttons and Contrast Peter Pan collar, is inspired by grunge looks from the ‘90s.

According to the fashion giant, the tartan smock, which can be 'styled over ripped denim jeans', comes in 'delicate colours reflects the idea of fluidity explored for the Fall Winter 2020 fashion show, disrupting the toxic stereotypes that mold masculine gender identity.'

The orange and beige dress, which is made from 100% cotton, also features short sleeves, smock embroidery and a button front. 

Italian luxury brand Gucci is selling a £1, 700 orange check dress (pictured) which features satin bow detail in a bid to fight the 'toxic stereotypes that mold masculine gender identity'  

No.

Honored Contributor

how much are they going to pay him to wear it?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I don't take this seriously enough to think that we are trying feminize men.

@suzyQ3 

You don't think, but some women do.  

Where do you think "toxic masculinity" came from? These women think masculine men are the cause of all our problems.  Wars, rapes, murders, domestic violence.  So, yes, it is mostly men who do these things, but the majority of men don't.  

Honored Contributor

My husband woukdnt wear anything that cost $2,200 though he wears a kilt occasionally. But we've got to seriously be getting punk'd here! Yikes!

Esteemed Contributor

Well Halloween is coming up.....

Honored Contributor

As we speak my husband is in a floral button down shirt and khaki cargo shorts. He has no trouble wearing pink either. This dress? No

Trusted Contributor

That is just a HOT MESS!  enough said

Contributor

Versace is always the way to go.