Respected Contributor

Re: Would Your Man Wear $2,200 Dress From Gucci?

@wilma wrote:

I am happy to say my DH would never wear that or any dress. He also wouldn’t wear those jeans, the sneakers, or the purse. 

Mine wouldn't even wear the hat with the Pom Pom on top of it. 

Honored Contributor

@Lali1 

LOL! Mine wouldn't either!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

"toxic stereotypes that mold masculine gender identity'."

All I can say is this model must have needed the money badly to humiliate himself to this extent.  

I'm not at the point where I can laugh at this because those pushing it are very serious about feminizing men.  

Honored Contributor

I don't take this seriously enough to think that we are trying feminize men.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

If I came home to That Man....omg....

Honored Contributor

Well, no matter who it's for, that's kind of hideous! 😑

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

That "dress" looks like a wardrobe piece from the movie Little Orphan Annie.  I wouldnt even wear it, let alone my hubby.

I think if most men saw this they would be insulted.  Masculinity is under attack in the world today.  Sad

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

I wouldn't have worn that dress even in my younger days.  My DH (or any man) wearing it?  Not going to happen.

And $2200 for something that looks like it came from a rummage sale?  I don't think so.

When Billy Porter wears a dress, he has style.  And I'm certain he wouldn't wear this!

Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

That "dress" looks like a wardrobe piece from the movie Little Orphan Annie.  I wouldnt even wear it, let alone my hubby.

I think if most men saw this they would be insulted.  Masculinity is under attack in the world today.  Sad

@Imaoldhippie, it depends upon your definition of masculinity. The traits that I admire in men (and women) are not under attack at all.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

Beyond ugly...and Gucci's laughing all the way to the bank at the wealthy wokesters who would wear it.