Honored Contributor

Re: Would You Wear This Print?

@mspatmac wrote:

Absolutely not!  I don't care what's "in" at the moment, if I don't like it I'm not wearing it.   

@mspatmac No way I will either!Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@ECBG  Interesting point!  I tend to belt a lot of flowy tops and didn't regard the interruption of the stripes.  I like the idea of the long vest.

Honored Contributor

@nova wrote:

@ECBG  Interesting point!  I tend to belt a lot of flowy tops and didn't regard the interruption of the stripes.  I like the idea of the long vest.

@nova Thanks.  I'm sure you've read that I'm now a professional stylist after retiring from teaching.  My background was mainly Clothing, Textiles, and Design.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

While I like the style of the dress, the print isn't for me .  If the dress were a solid color It would have appeal.  

Trusted Contributor

@ECBG No I didn't know that!  How interesting!  I like your style idea for this!  I'm only 5-ft tall, size 4P and have an hourglass shape.  That's why I tend to belt long tops or t-shirt type dresses.  I think your idea of adding a vest would look awesome on a tall woman.  I love black & white combinations.  Just classic!

Honored Contributor

@nova wrote:

@ECBG No I didn't know that!  How interesting!  I like your style idea for this!  I'm only 5-ft tall, size 4P and have an hourglass shape.  That's why I tend to belt long tops or t-shirt type dresses.  I think your idea of adding a vest would look awesome on a tall woman.  I love black & white combinations.  Just classic!

@nova Are you aware that we discuss styling and brands in Outfit of the Day?

Having designed clothing in college, I started out on the floor of Dillards, killed my sciatic nerve because with my design background, all the customers came to me.  Now I'm with a national "boutique" type of store, dressing ladies from 5 states.

Let me know if I can help you.  I use line and color to add height and subtract challenge areas.

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

@ECBG 

I like the print but I don't like the dress

Agree; I don't like the dress itself either.  I might wear the print if it were positioned vertically.  Would love to see the print on a garment I liked.

@faeriemoon 

for me that would be a mockneck sleeveless shell; minus that white 'my name is___' tag another poster pointed out! lol

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo  I think a wide palazzo pant with that pattern done vertically would be cool too.

Agree about the "hello, my name is...." part of the pattern too.  That really got by someone in the fabric design department.

Esteemed Contributor

I don' think that is a dress I would wear. 

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

The dress looks ok on the model, that style would do nothing for me and I would not wear that print.