Highlighted
QVC Customer Care

Re: Wonder Why Nothing Fits That You Buy online?

Valued Contributor

The key part of your post is that you buy from designers or a clothing line you're familiar with. I like to do that too. Even then for some reason some items run larger or smaller than other clothes you've purchased. Last year I tried some different designers because I liked certain items they had. It took me awhile to figure out their sizing. Even then, it's not always dependable. Luckily I have more than enough clothes for the year. I'm sure I'll see something I want to try but really I haven't seen much that's different or not so over priced that I would even consider it.

Honored Contributor

I'm really a standard petite small and if I can get clothes that are really made for a true petite figure and not just cut off at the hemline, the clothes fit. I try to buy fashions from the Q in regular size small and sometimes it works. but usually it's a return . I just returned a coat, KC was selling and raving about, sleeves way too long, a sweater that Rachel Hollis was selling, looked like it fit her, she's tiny, but nope, I was swimming in the size small. The petite NYDJ I ordered the petite and sized down to a 6,the legs were too tight and length too short and the waist too big. Sometime I think the factories make mistakes with sizing.

Esteemed Contributor

@TY I have had very good luck buying shoes at Zappos.  You might want to try it. 

Esteemed Contributor

I am the kind of person that buys in multiples when I find something  that I REALLY like.

Recently, I bought an Isaac sweater in blue and I loved it. Came back for 2 more colors and the flamingo pink is shorter than the blue.....the black is tighter around the neck....

Respected Contributor

QVC has vanity sizing.  Something that you would purchase in a Small elsewhere is probably HUGE in a small when you purchase from QVC.   They've gone down to XXS now, and we'll probably see XXXXXS sometime in the near future.  Not only that, but their sizes are all over the map with no consistency, so I agree there.  They also don't give accurate descriptions of a lot of their things ...  when they describe something as semi fitted, it could be tapered at the waist or boxy, but too often both are described as semi fitted.

It happens elsewhere too...   it's not just on QVC.   You almost have to know a line and how their sizes generally run.  That probably is more of a clue to purchasing online.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Snoopp wrote:

@TY I have had very good luck buying shoes at Zappos.  You might want to try it. 

Unfortunately, Zappos doesn't ship to Canada anymore. I do have good luck when I visit outlet stores like Clarks, Skechers, and Naturalizer stores. I also have good luck with Walk with Ronsons outlet stores for shoes and booties. I also visit the Walking Company stores in Las Vegas to buy shoes and boot insoles.