Esteemed Contributor

Re: Wonder Why Nothing Fits That You Buy online?

I buy online and don't have any issues.  I am very careful and look to see the country and or the manufacturer.  I have been very lucky.  I cannot find anything that fits in stores near me.  They are closing down mostly and they don't have many petite sizes. 

I am a Costco and Walmart shopper for clothes if I care to walk into a store.  Great prices, great look and pretty good quality at awesome price points.  

Honored Contributor

I have no sizing issues online.  I know my ideal garment measurements and I don't waiver.  

Honored Contributor

That's good some have never had problems, but my experience has been similar to this article.  

But, my problems have mostly been with QVC.  I found years ago to stick with the same designers sold at other retailers, but that hasn't worked well for me at QVC.  

Honored Contributor

Very rarely do I have fit issues and I want a perfect fit.  Size charts don't work for me but I check reviews to see if most find runs small, large or just right and it works for me.  A few times I have had to exchange for a different size but then I  know what size works for me in those brands.

Esteemed Contributor

I've found for me that I need to go into a store and try on garments before I buy them.  And I wear the same size now that I've worn for 40+ years.  I used to order from catalogs and QVC all the time.  Never had any problems.  In recent years, nothing I order from QVC fits me when I receive it.  No, it's not my fault.  I've found the 'click here' measurements on QVC to be off by inches.  I had to return every item I received -- which got expensive! -- so I quit ordering clothes from QVC over a year ago.  

If you're able to order clothing from QVC and it fits every time, you're lucky. 

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

@tototwo  Not to change the subject, but . . . how is your eye doing? Has the bubble gone away? 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Respected Contributor

I have a problem ordering clothing and shoes.  I can try on 3 pairs of jeans the exact same size, same brand and all three fit differently. 

I have shoes in three different sizes in my closet.

Makes it difficult to shop online.  

Honored Contributor

Everything fits me.  I have never any trouble getting in to any jean.  Tops, skirts, dresses.....no problem!  I buy online, my size and it fits.   It helps that I'm not curvy and I'm  thin.  

Honored Contributor

I can't relate to that.  I am 16/18 and  I buy most of my clothing online and I rarely have any size or fit problems.  In fact, I shop online because I can get a good fit and because I have access to world of fashion that is in my size.  I know how to use a tape measure, I know my exact measurements, I know what works for my body, I know how to use the size charts that online retailers provide and I understand that there are no standard sizes in women's clothing.  I might wear a size 16 with one retailer but I can't just assume that I wear a 16 with every retailer.  Also, my ego is not tied to my dress size.  If I am shopping online and using my measurements, I get  size 20.  I buy the size 20.  I don't care what the size tag says, I care about how the garment fits.   

Esteemed Contributor

@BirkiLady    Ha!  well, we are changing the subject and maybe should talk elsewhere.  Bubble is finally gone!  Yay!   Been thinking about you and your upcoming surgery.  Please post an update. 

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt