Esteemed Contributor

Women won't pay full price for clothes/shoes

According to an article on the Footwear News website, women won't pay full retail price for clothes or shoes.

https://footwearnews.com/2016/business/retail/new-study-women-shopping-clothes-shoes-price-research-...

Raising my hand because I'm one of them. I won't pay full retail or MSRP or whatever the retailer wants to call it for clothes or shoes. I actually think that the estimate of what percentage that women are willing to pay -- 75%-79% of full retail is on the high side. What do you think?

Respected Contributor

Re: Women won't pay full price for clothes/shoes

i will search all around to find a discount or lower price, but the fact is if i want it badly enough i will pay!

Honored Contributor

I always comparison shop.  I never pay retail.  The fact I live in a discount outlets state helps too.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I have 5 (five) Ross Stores reasonably near where I live.    I "make the rounds" for summer clothes.     We have a short winter season in Phoenix.....Nov thru March,  so my winter stuff lasts forever.........(!!)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

I will pay full price for a pair of shoes.  I wear size 11 and have finicky feet.  If the shoes are comfortable, I will buy them.

For clothing, it depends.  I will wait for a sale most of the time.  However, if I am crazy about something, I have found those things don't always make it to a sale.  Then, I have to make a decision - buy at full price or wait for a sale and take the chance that I might not get it.

Paws and enjoy life.
Honored Contributor

I would be more inclined to pay the higher prices if the clothing  were made here in the US. Since it isn't , I will shop where I get the best deal.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

I always look for the best deal.  I found a pair of shoes online I wanted and they were $129.  I kept looking around and finally found them on 6pm.com for $49.  I purchased two different colors for under $100.  QVC sells Denim & Co tee shirts for $30 to $35.  I just purchased seven Karen Scott mock neck long sleeve tee shirts from Macy's for $10.98 each and they are excellent quality.  That said, if I can't find it on sale and I really, really want it I will go ahead and get it.  Within reason of course. 

Respected Contributor

@dosey wrote:

I will pay full price for a pair of shoes.  I wear size 11 and have finicky feet.  If the shoes are comfortable, I will buy them.

For clothing, it depends.  I will wait for a sale most of the time.  However, if I am crazy about something, I have found those things don't always make it to a sale.  Then, I have to make a decision - buy at full price or wait for a sale and take the chance that I might not get it.

I wear a size 8 narrow and I have a high arch.  I too usually end up paying full price.  But sometimes I find a good deal and I do my happy dance. 

Honored Contributor

I seldom pay full price for anything.  It has to be something extremely special or for a special occasion.

Honored Contributor

Unless it is something I really have to have and it's very difficult to find, I am the queen of discounts.

Most things on sale are not low enough for me to purchase.  I look and look and wait and wait.  I recently purchased clothing from Lands End and almost got the clothing for free.  I bought drifter sweaters for $9 to $13 each and a couple of jackets for less than $20 each.