Frequent Contributor
I bought a pair of PXL jeans. They are a tad snug. I was looking at garment specs and it looks like the P1X has almost the exact same measurements. This doesn't make any sense . Has anyone tried both of these sizes? Are they actually different? The 2x jumps 4" in almost every measurement. That seems like a big jump and I'm thinking the 1x must be a tad bigger than the XL.
Honored Contributor

Re: Women with control jeans

@lynettey.  Check out the sizing in the rise.  Usually the XL is much shorter than a 1X, which could make you feel as though your pants are slipping down your backside,  which they may in fact, be doing.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Frequent Contributor

Thank you. I didn't look at that, just noticed the waist and hips are identical. A size 2x being 4" bigger would be huge. Seems like the 1x should be somewhere in the middle.
Frequent Contributor

Now I'm more confused. The XL has a longer rise than the 1x, according to what they have listed.
Honored Contributor

WIKI has a whole page on closthing sizes and the rationale behind the sizing. Google ....

U.S. standard clothing size

Respected Contributor

Sounds like someone is going to be returning their jeans....

Honored Contributor

I find that jeans (any brand) are the most confounding item to purchase, especially if you go "by size"...

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

There is virtually no difference between the XL and 1X.  I believe XL is 1 in j smaller on the waist.  It's always been that way.  I know because for years that was the size I wore and they were the exact same fit.  I don't know why they do it.

Frequent Contributor

XL and 1X are very similar. 1X is usually a little roomier in the hips.