Esteemed Contributor

Re: Women With Control Pants - where are they?

@tiny 2 wrote:

@Lipstickdiva, She needs to bring those back and address the dye problem. LOL.

It could be she's trying to keep them from stinking to high heaven like other jeans do from the die @tiny 2 .  Who knows?

I would not continuously buy something that disappoints me time after time though.  That's just me though.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Respected Contributor

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@tiny 2 wrote:

@Lipstickdiva, She needs to bring those back and address the dye problem. LOL.

It could be she's trying to keep them from stinking to high heaven like other jeans do from the die @tiny 2 .  Who knows?

I would not continuously buy something that disappoints me time after time though.  That's just me though.

@gertrudecloset 

I think I bought mine all at once or in a day or two of each other. I loved them except for the fading.I haven't purchased anything in that line since.

Esteemed Contributor

@gertrudecloset    If you look, most companies who make jeans, are using those various combinations of materials to obtain the stretch and softness factor.  You can still buy jeans that are  98% cotton and 1 or 2% spandex or elastane.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think some of the posts here are a little mixed up because I think most posts are about the knit pants (the op and complaints about fading, I think), which are consistently 86% cotton/14% spandex; with blue tec mesh waist lining made of 84% nylon/16% spandex), and some of the posts are about the WWC jeans which seem to have a variety of fabrications, including polyester and rayon blends, in addition to others that are just cotton and spandex.  

I ❤️❤️❤️ her knit pants with the blue tec.  I buy the black!!!!

I have bought 2 pairs of her jeans, one pair I liked, had a regular fly, the other one was a pull on and I didn't.  It felt plasticky.  I don't recall the materials.

Note - edited post to clarify that in the first paragraph I was distinguishing between the knit pants and the jeans.  My initial post had some words missing.

Esteemed Contributor

@Teddixat wrote:

@gertrudecloset    If you look, most companies who make jeans, are using those various combinations of materials to obtain the stretch and softness factor.  You can still buy jeans that are  98% cotton and 1 or 2% spandex or elastane.  

There are plenty of brands that don't use those combinations.  Thing is they don't make them in my size and they cost too much (high end brands).  I don't buy those either.  The only other brand I've purchased that has just the two fabrics are NYDJ (long time ago).  I can't wear those because they sag out by the end of the day.  I've tried too many to have to return to B&M.  NYDJ has some iterations with other fabrics woven in now too.

I don't have enough jeans and want more cotton/spandex.  I shop around and will get a pair that costs a little more if they are on sale.  Thanks for sharing @Teddixat 

Esteemed Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

I think some of the posts here are a little mixed up because I think most posts are about the knit pants (the op and complaints about fading, I think), which are consistently 86% cotton/14% spandex; with blue tec mesh waist lining made of 84% nylon/16% spandex, which seem to have a variety of fabrications, some with polyester and rayon blends, some do not include these fabrics.  

I ❤️❤️❤️ her knit pants with the blue tec.  I buy the black!!!!

I have bought 2 pairs of her jeans, one pair I liked, had a regular fly, the other one was a pull on and I didn't.  It felt plasticky.  I don't recall the materials.

@NYCLatinaMe I know the OP was talking about the knit pants.  I thought the vendor probably used similar fabrications and was suggesting to the OP that it could be the reason for the fading.  When she said she was talking about pants (which I didn't know the vendor made) I just wanted to clarify what I was referring to by posting what I've seen.  In doing so, I did see slacks.  Didn't check for their fabrication though because I trusted what the OP said.

Thanks for your help!

Honored Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

I really thought she only made with the blue-tech, which I really like because my pants stay up, unlike a lot of other pants.  I love WWC pantts.  I stopped buying DG2 because I got tired of pulling them up.  Same with IM Live 24/7, which I only bought once.  The DG2 ponte had a seam in the front which I really do not like.  I purchased them once by mistake and never again.  I stopped buying HSN except for occasional beauty or home purchase because I find that the quality of the lines is not sustained, and is therefore unpredictable.

So I hope they keep the WWC ponte just as they wonderfully are.  I air dry them.  Maybe that would help others.  Dryer products can leave a film on clothing.

@NYCLatinaMe , the fairly recent pair of DG knit pants I bought don't have the seam down the front.  But they don't fit me properly in the crotch area and it drives me nuts.  I've never tried IM stretch pants because they always look so tight on the models I just can't gauge them for myself.  I am a pear shape and they look like I'd have to go up 2 sizes so they aren't tight.     

Honored Contributor

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@LipstickdivaYes, I mentioned the various materials as an idea that it might be the reason for fading.  OK, maybe it's not.  DG Jeans that are black ~ stink.  Much of it is a die chemical smell that never goes away.  I've read that countless times.  I understand it too, because it has happened to me with a pair of black jeans from brick and mortar.

Perhaps WC fabrication I'm speaking of is only for her jeans:

A350919

Content: 43% rayon/38% cotton/17% polyester/2% spandex, exclusive of decoration. or

A3Content: 41% cotton/30% polyester/27% rayon/2% spandex, exclusive of decoration53125

Just a thought.  Whatever you spend your money on should be worth it to YOU; not me.  Woman Happy

@gertrudecloset I tried a pair of DG black jeans ones and tossed them because I could never get that chemical smell out.

I've never tried WWC jeans. I've only tried the knit pants that are cotton/spandex and I tried her poly/spandex dresses once and returned them.  Didn't like that material at all.

Honored Contributor

Haven't you always wondered:  Is it "Women with control pants" or pants for "Women with control?"

Do your pants control you?  Or do you control your pants?  This is a great puzzle. . . I don't have a real answer, but it has always been on my mind when I see them.

Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@LipstickdivaYes, I mentioned the various materials as an idea that it might be the reason for fading.  OK, maybe it's not.  DG Jeans that are black ~ stink.  Much of it is a die chemical smell that never goes away.  I've read that countless times.  I understand it too, because it has happened to me with a pair of black jeans from brick and mortar.

Perhaps WC fabrication I'm speaking of is only for her jeans:

A350919

Content: 43% rayon/38% cotton/17% polyester/2% spandex, exclusive of decoration. or

A3Content: 41% cotton/30% polyester/27% rayon/2% spandex, exclusive of decoration53125

Just a thought.  Whatever you spend your money on should be worth it to YOU; not me.  Woman Happy

@gertrudecloset I tried a pair of DG black jeans ones and tossed them because I could never get that chemical smell out.

I've never tried WWC jeans. I've only tried the knit pants that are cotton/spandex and I tried her poly/spandex dresses once and returned them.  Didn't like that material at all.

@Lipstickdiva I got a pair of Democracy skinny jeans in Black about 3 years ago.  Very, very stinky.  I can't wear them anymore anyway (Covid weight).  LOL.