Honored Contributor

Re: Women Wearing the OBI...

Esteemed Contributor

I don't like the super wide ones at all, but like the thinner ones, like Q is selling today, a lot. For some things, not every outfit in my closet. I wear mine mostly with sheath dresses or large tops to narrow them up a bit. It's not a look for everyone, but when done right, it really adds an interesting dimension to your outfit.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

Esteemed Contributor

I'd need physical therapy after wearing an obi belt for any length of time.......

Honored Contributor

The first model in the black and white striped dress with the red belt, and then farther down the thread, the model in the black and blue striped dress with the black belt, look good.

The rest either don't look good in the obi belt because of their body shapes, or the outfit is not suited to the belt.

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

I don't think this particular look flatters anyone, other than someone wearing a kimono.

Sticking a belt on an outfit where one is not intended doesn't work,  this is my opinion. 

I like a belt on a pair of jeans or another garment where the designer intended a belt to go. 

Can you tell I don't like this look.

Honored Contributor

Trusted Contributor

I just don't think this is a flattering look for heavier women.  I know that if I tried to wear it the edges would roll up.