Esteemed Contributor

Re: Withholding the models sizes

Even if the hosts and vendors say what size the models are wearing, it won't make a difference when they are wearing clothes that are too small for them.

There's one model who says she's a size 14...yeah, OK, if she says so but I don't believe it as she's very top heavy and she looks like a size 18-20 and she can't fasten any jackets or outerwear at all.

Honored Contributor

Sometimes I do have a lightbulb 'moment'.   lol

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

They need to have a height chart (like for mug shots) on the stage, along with a big scale, and have everyone step on..................

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

@redngold wrote:

What's the point of having the models displaying how the clothing being presented looks on various sizes and shapes if they're not going to tell us what sizes are being worn?    Carolyn Gracie would make a point of telling the viewers what size each model was wearing and how clothing would fit on various heights.   Now, I haven't noticed any host giving us sizing info.  Very frustrating.

How often do you buy clothes for the models ?????

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

@redngold wrote:

What's the point of having the models displaying how the clothing being presented looks on various sizes and shapes if they're not going to tell us what sizes are being worn?    Carolyn Gracie would make a point of telling the viewers what size each model was wearing and how clothing would fit on various heights.   Now, I haven't noticed any host giving us sizing info.  Very frustrating.

How often do you buy clothes for the models ?????

Well some of us may be similar in build to one of the models.  Therefore, it would tremendously help me to know which size she is in.  That's WHY it would possibly be important to some of us.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Super Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

"Withholding" makes it sound as if they do it deliberatelyu to mislead viewers.  I wonder --  because I don'ty much care.  I have a pretty good idea that the bulk of the models wear XXS. XS. or S  and even the large or 1X models are a half foot taller than I am, so I'm always guessing.

Maybe if I hadn't been watching TV shopping for so long, I'd be more confused, but so far in 2015 my only clothing return was my own fault, not QVC's.  I do know I used to make many more errors than I do now.  Learning to shop long distance whether TV or catalogs of old or websites seems to take a whole subset of skills I never learned until I was far into adulthood  - one other nasty truth about aging!

Considering they used to give us the models sizes and now they don't, and they've changed their shipping rates to make them more profitable,  I'd say, it is.

Honored Contributor

@redngold wrote:

@millieshops wrote:

"Withholding" makes it sound as if they do it deliberatelyu to mislead viewers.  I wonder --  because I don'ty much care.  I have a pretty good idea that the bulk of the models wear XXS. XS. or S  and even the large or 1X models are a half foot taller than I am, so I'm always guessing.

Maybe if I hadn't been watching TV shopping for so long, I'd be more confused, but so far in 2015 my only clothing return was my own fault, not QVC's.  I do know I used to make many more errors than I do now.  Learning to shop long distance whether TV or catalogs of old or websites seems to take a whole subset of skills I never learned until I was far into adulthood  - one other nasty truth about aging!

Considering they used to give us the models sizes and now they don't, and they've changed their shipping rates to make them more profitable,  I'd say, it is.

I agree.  I don't understand how some don't think it's important.  Just because they don't care doesn't mean some of us don't care to know.  Knowing what a couple of the models' size they are wearing, totally helps me to decide.  

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Valued Contributor

Ok, ladies, this is a weeeee bit off the original topic, but sort of related. You'll either laugh at me or with me. The models NEVER have visible panty line!  Sometimes I can size up to avoid the VPL - or wear the smaller size and choose my underwear accordingly: you know, thong or commando. So I do appreciate knowing what sizes the models are wearing, just so I have a "jumping off point" for what size I need.  (If those girls are goin' commando, I wonder if we're receiving those pants....)

Esteemed Contributor

@LisaandTrixie wrote:

If you are the same size as Susan Graver, what size does she wear? I always wondered if she was an XS in her line.

Susan wears an XS in some pants, but she never tells her sigze in everything which would be a big help. It would help a lot if the host, vendor, model all told their size in everything they wear. There's a little more to buying clothing online than the color and where we can wear it.