Honored Contributor

Re: Wish Me Luck - Build A Purse

TOO CUTE!!!!!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Sheilaray  You must really trust your DH and sons.  Now I would rather pick out a purse I really love.  Anyway, I hope you are pleasantly surprised.  You will need to take a picture to show us the end result.  Happy Holidays.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Fun project for father and son...such a memorable and personal gift.  Enjoy and be sure to post the result!

Honored Contributor

What fun.  Even if that purse does not turn out to be exactly what you want it will be the best one you have or will ever own.  Made by your loving hubby and kids with their love.  What more could a woman ask for?  Carry and treasure it with pride!

@Sheilaray 

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

@Sheilaray wrote:

@Kachina624 , it's Mark and Graham.  I have bags from LV to Prada to Dooney to totes from Target that I love.  I thought this would something fun, adventurous. 

As I said before, Husby and sons all have excellent taste so I'm confident that I will end up with something I love, even if if didn't pick it myself (sons also have girlfriends with great fashion sense, so I assume they may have "phoned a friend" for advice, too).

The whole idea was to challenge them,  work as a team and figure out,  "What would Mom do?"  ;-)

I have several Elisabetta slouch handbags from Mark & Graham.  In the past their customer service has been abysmal, but with my last purchase it seemed they were trying to up their reputation, and the service was excellent.  I hope you love your bag; I know I love my Elisabettas.

Esteemed Contributor

Oooooo.... sounds risky to me.  I hope you receive a bag that you love!  Please share!

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

We WANT to see this! Please post after Christmas (:

Valued Contributor

@Katcat1 ,  Happy Holidays to you as well!  XO

Believe, me if I didn't trust their taste, I would have never come up with this idea.  I am super excited to see what they *design* and even hoping it's something out of the box that  I never would have thought of. I will say this: they each have taken the challenge VERY seriously!

(crossing fingers that I can figure out how to post a photo when I unwrap it...LOL)

Valued Contributor

@queendiva wrote:

A few years ago my son bought me a purse for my birthday. I was shocked: shocked that he would buy me a bag as he knows how particular I am about my bags and shocked that I liked it. I still have it and carry it often during the warm weather months as it is a light color. 

I was most appreciative of the fact that, while the gift was from he and his wife, he shopped for and chose it for me. It's the effort that counted most.

I LOVE this!!