Valued Contributor

Wish Me Luck - Build A Purse

[ Edited ]

I found a website where you pick out the elements of your handbag from a variety of offerings: styles, colors, straps, accessories, etc.

So (me being me),  I put my men on it as a combined Christmas gift from all of them. My husband and two sons, are working together on building a bag for me. We'll see what I end up with, but it certainly has been fun listening to them work together and try to get hints out of me as to what I want.

All of them have exceptional  taste and at the end of the day, I will have what I asked for, a new custom handbag under the tree that all my guys created. 

Still asking for a few prayers from you guys, tho'. LOL

Respected Contributor

Re: Wish Me Luck - Build A Purse

Please post a picture of it when you get it.  What a great idea.

Honored Contributor

That's a new take on team work.  Please post a picture of your bag so we can see how well the did.

Honored Contributor

Building your own bag sounds like fun.  Having the men in your life do it would be a game of chance.  Hope you don't end up with a purple, poka dot, orange stripped backpack.  Best of luck on your gift.

What is the name of the website (don't post a link)?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Sheilaray 

I understand your apprehension, my DH would not have a clue as to what I would want in a handbag, LOL!

He knows I love Dooneys and Brahmins, but beyond that, he has no clue what I look for in a bag.

It is a sweet thought, though!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

I never knew such a site existed. It will be a very and meaningful bag for you, I hope it turns out well.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Valued Contributor

@Kachina624 , it's Mark and Graham.  I have bags from LV to Prada to Dooney to totes from Target that I love.  I thought this would something fun, adventurous. 

As I said before, Husby and sons all have excellent taste so I'm confident that I will end up with something I love, even if if didn't pick it myself (sons also have girlfriends with great fashion sense, so I assume they may have "phoned a friend" for advice, too).

The whole idea was to challenge them,  work as a team and figure out,  "What would Mom do?"  ;-)

Esteemed Contributor

A few years ago my son bought me a purse for my birthday. I was shocked: shocked that he would buy me a bag as he knows how particular I am about my bags and shocked that I liked it. I still have it and carry it often during the warm weather months as it is a light color. 

I was most appreciative of the fact that, while the gift was from he and his wife, he shopped for and chose it for me. It's the effort that counted most.

Respected Contributor

Gosh, I wish you the best of luck.  A purse is so personal in terms of favorite features and style, it seems like a pretty big risk.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

@Sheilaray wrote:

@Kachina624 , it's Mark and Graham.  I have bags from LV to Prada to Dooney to totes from Target that I love.  I thought this would something fun, adventurous. 

As I said before, Husby and sons all have excellent taste so I'm confident that I will end up with something I love, even if if didn't pick it myself (sons also have girlfriends with great fashion sense, so I assume they may have "phoned a friend" for advice, too).

The whole idea was to challenge them,  work as a team and figure out,  "What would Mom do?"  ;-)

@Sheilaray.  It's  a fun project for you and the boys. 
 We Can hardly wait to see what they "design".  I'm sure you'll love it regardless....

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment