Respected Contributor

My dry cleaner ruined something.....

I am looking for a monocratic set in winter white, cream or alabaster.  (Linea line please come back)

I like to have a long sleeve fitted tee over a slim-cut fitted pant that I can use as a base outfit for layering over the winter.  

I'm having an awful time finding matching pieces.

I loved the whisper knit tops and crepe slim-cut pants Louis used to offer.

Honored Contributor

Re: Winter white help please

@Abrowneyegirl I feel your pain....no one makes pants like Louis.  Yesterday I reached for my black Linea ponte pants and wished I had purchased more.  No matter how many times I wash and wear, they always look appropriate and fit great.

I wear a lot of white and love how you team the tee and slacks for a base...great idea.  Sorry, I'm not of help.  I'm looking forward to any answers for a replacement.

Valued Contributor

Funny-- that monochromatic winter white look is something I am searching for also.

I see creamy sweaters, but they are often too hot. I want ivory not optic white, and pants, too that are not joggers or cropped. I have a number of sweater coats that would look really nice over such an outfit.

We need to keep searching I guess.

Respected Contributor

Talbots has a good selection of white/off white pants and tees and they are having a sale.

Respected Contributor

@Somertime wrote:

Talbots has a good selection of white/off white pants and tees and they are having a sale.

Thank you for your response but nothing in winter white this year.  The sale ladies said they had a lot of requests, but are not hopeful they will get anything else new this season.  Smiley Sad

Same with Chico's - they had an Opal or New Opal color a few years ago that was amazing.

Honored Contributor

@Abrowneyegirl I would think 2 of the 3 pieces should match.  Any two!  And you might have to go a shade lighter, with 2 cream pieces, and then a slightly darker beige, off white or something for the other one.  

Ideally pants and top should match, but honestly any of the three if two work it should be fabulous!  

Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Abrowneyegirl I would think 2 of the 3 pieces should match.  Any two!  And you might have to go a shade lighter, with 2 cream pieces, and then a slightly darker beige, off white or something for the other one.  

Ideally pants and top should match, but honestly any of the three if two work it should be fabulous!  

Yes, I am looking for 2 pieces that match in cream, a top, and a bottom, and then I add colored toppers, jackets, blazers.  I can not find the matching top and bottom.  I had a set but the dry cleaner ruined one of the peices.

Honored Contributor

@Abrowneyegirl 

The pants that you want are at Ralph Lauren.

The problem is they are "clubhouse cream" and the current tops are "mascarpone cream."

Lauren Stretch Cotton Three-Quarter-Sleeve Top 2

Honored Contributor

@Abrowneyegirl 

RL does have mascarpone corduroy jeans, if you're open to that idea.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

You might want to consider if you can salvage what the cleaner destroyed. This happened to me a few years ago, so I had nothing to lose, and I put the white wool trousers and wool sweater in the wash. Both said dry clean only.

I filled washer with cool, not cold, water with Gain, and agitated about 15 seconds, and then let it just soak. Then spun the water out and repeated it, and then fabric softener in the 3rd, last rinse.

I could not believe how dirty the water was the first couple of washes, and they both came out beautiful!! Much whiter and fresher looking than they ever looked coming back from the dry cleaner. Yes I had to let the pants dry flat and the sweater and then carefully steamed ironed both and it was like I had a brand new pair of pants and sweater. It also taught me to only get things dry cleaned I had absolutely no choice.  

After that, I started washing everything else. I've only had one real failure, but now YouTube has all kinds of videos of how to fix things that have shrunk too much.