Honored Contributor

Re: Winter Items In Stores Already

They have been doing this for years.  I never liked but that is retail for you.

Honored Contributor

Yesterday I sent a monthly email to a woman in Colorado for her update and wished her a Happy upcoming 4th of July, then noted to her Christmas is Coming!!!!!!

Last night I reminded myself that summer solstice is almost here and thank goodness we start heading back down again.  Got so excited we are coming close to the downside of summer I watched It's A Wonderful Life last night. 

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

Happens this time of the year...every year. Hope that didn't sound too snarky Smiley Tongue

Honored Contributor

So hard to hit the sweet spot between when a item goes on summer clearance, and the time it is a hot fall item!

I followed an item of clothing from last winter, into the spring, and on into June waiting for it to be reduced.  Finally gave up when I saw it at the lowest price I’d seen and bought it.  YEA!

Right now it is a ‘new’ item for Fall!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The other night on HSN, Diane Gilman was selling some dark-colored jeans along with those in summer colors. She said, "It will begin to get dark earlier soon, so you'll want to start wearing darker colors." WTH???!!! So, right after the first day of summer, we're supposed to start wearing FALL colors???  Woman Surprised

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

@SoX wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

You hush woman.  LOL

We've had virtually no summer here at all.  It's been nothing but rain, rain and more rain.  And guess what's in the forecast for us?  Yep.  Rain!!!  So over this.  

@Lipstickdiva 

I know what you mean, girl   ... we're expecting more wet, wet lawns that we can't cut ... but this morning, oh this morning ... it was such a pleasure to step out on my front porch and have sunshine in my eyes; temperature is currently 66 lovely degrees!

@SoX, I will say yesterday and today have been beautiful.  I was able to go home at lunch and sit out on my deck with my dog enjoying the sunshine and warm temps.  We are supposed to get rain tonight though and pretty much all day tomorrow. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have to say I'm loving the additional 40/50% off sales going on right now.  I'm having such good luck in finding blouses, sweaters and jackets from last fall/winter.   

Nothing changes that much from one year to the next, so I'm right "on trend" with my selections.   I'm a dyed-in-the wool classic  ... i.e., no shark bites  long tunics, or styles of that ilk.  I just found two great blazers, one 100% wool ... the other  cotton, for prices that are truly fantastic.  

Honored Contributor

I LOVE summer sales before the summer officially begins - as long as there is some good inventory left, of course.

But then they should do the same with the Fall clothing - bring it in the stores now and then have it go on deep discount when I'm ready to buy.

Win, win!

Honored Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

The other night on HSN, Diane Gilman was selling some dark-colored jeans along with those in summer colors. She said, "The days will begin to get shorter soon, so you'll want to start wearing darker colors." WTH???!!! So, right after the first day of summer, we're supposed to start wearing FALL colors???  Woman Surprised

I would guess those are leftovers and that's Diane's creative sales technique.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Honored Contributor

Not surprised, not really.  Fashion runs about 2 months before the season, hence, bathing suits at the end of December.

This DOES look like they bypassed fall!Smiley Happy