Honored Contributor

Any suggestions where I can find a warm winter jacket or coat that does NOT have zippers???

TIA!

Honored Contributor

I like the self tie, some ladies prefer buttons- they're too time consuming for me.

I would check Macys, and any other department store in your price range.

Respected Contributor

Check the ones out I just posted on the Coasts & Jackets thread. Several don't have a zipper, & I gave the site names for the photos

Honored Contributor

@Desert Lily wrote:

Check the ones out I just posted on the Coasts & Jackets thread. Several don't have a zipper, & I gave the site names for the photos

Thanks but those coats while some of them are very attractive are not practical for Chicago winters!

Honored Contributor

I have a couple of super warm Lands End jackets that have a zipper, but a flap over the zipper thst has velcro closures.  I often just use those closures if I'm in a hurry.  Not sure if that would work for you.

Honored Contributor

Re: Winter Coat/Jacket

[ Edited ]

@Krimpette wrote:

I have a couple of super warm Lands End jackets that have a zipper, but a flap over the zipper thst has velcro closures.  I often just use those closures if I'm in a hurry.  Not sure if that would work for you.

Thanks!  I actually just ordered a down jacket from LE. It has a 2-way zipper which is a must for me.  Zipperless coats/jackets that are warm are impossible to find.

Hoping for the best!  

Regular Contributor

LL. Beans in Maine 

Esteemed Contributor

Another vote for Lands End. I have a down coat that has snaps in addition to the zipper. I never zip; only snap it closed. I hate coats that must be zipped (will not buy them unless they also have snaps or buttons).

Honored Contributor

" Chicago winters!"

"Zipperless coats/jackets that are warm are impossible to find."

This is just a suggestioin........

You may want to consider a man's coat and/or jacket.  I personally only buy men's winter coats and/or jackets.  They are thicker/heavier & warmer than woman's.  A lot of them have what you want-----buttons.  Some are cheaper than women's winter coats I find.   I don't know why manufacturers make them that way & not for women.

I get my winter coats & jackets from Burlington Coat Factory & LLBean.  I recently purchased a man's winter jacket (walking the dog jacket Smiley Tongue ) from Burlington Coat Factory. 

The ONLY woman's winter coat I have is my mid calf long Down Coat.  I don't have to wear my long johns. Smiley LOL  Down keeps me nice & toasty from head to toe.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Trusted Contributor

I have four down coats, waist length, midlength, and long.  Each has two-way zippers and one has Velcro also.  I am in the cold midwest and wore one today.  Each was purchased from Land's End.  I highly recommend their coats.  Also, Columba, Atheleta, and Eddie Bauer have down and insulated winter coats and each has Black Friday sales going on now.