Super Contributor

Winamac: GILI coat arrived - it's a dud

Hi win! The GILI coat arrived today and the good news? It arrived earlier than expected. Now for the not-so-good news...the only thing I liked about it was the color. It's a deep berry, not too pink and not too red. But the fabric? In my humble opinion, it's just a glorified felt. Granted, it's thicker than usual, but it feels very "felt-ish" to me, nonetheless. I ordered XXS and the size is fine, but the collar SWALLOWS me. I am very petite and my shoulders are not broad, so it's just a TON of fabric and I can arrange it, but it just ends up making me look like Kenny from South Park! LOL My biggest disappointment, and this is probably my fault, is that the only closure is the belt. No inside button, not snap, nothing. So, it's a heavyweight felt robe with a dramatic collar lol. I think, if I recall correctly, you are quite a bit taller than I (5'2"), so most likely it will lay nicer on you around the shoulders. However, I'm not sure how you will feel about the fabric. This is definitely more of a 'look' than a functional coat in my world and I wanted both out of it. I'm sending it back.