Respected Contributor

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are highlighting the resilience and spirit of farming communities in the Lake District as they began their visit in the market town of Keswick.

William and Kate were royal guests of honour at a celebration to recognise the contribution of individuals and local organisations in supporting communities and families across Cumbria.

They met volunteers from a range of services, including community first responders, young people trained as mental health first aiders and the local mountain rescue service.

Before heading to a local farm where they tried their hand at sheep shearing, William and Kate took part in a walkabout where they met members of the public gathered in the Market Square.

Honored Contributor

Re: William And Kate in Cumbria

I like the frill at the neckline

Honored Contributor

I love the jacket!

Respected Contributor

Kate Middleton and Prince William met the working dogs during their trip to Cumbria

Furry fan! It was a four-legged royal fan who caught Kate's eye and she was spotted bending down to stroke a spaniel.

The Duchess of Cambridge seemed eager to say hello to the dogs

The couple left their three kids at home for the visit

Honored Contributor

Her braid/ponytail is gorgeous. 

Respected Contributor

There is no wrong way for this lovely young woman!  what a great relaxed look but at the same time very dressed.  Love the way the pony tail is done.  she is so engaging and natural, nothing posed, just relaxed, warm and genuine.

The whole outfit even though a more relaxed look is "finished" from head to toe!

Yes, I am a total fan of this lovely, gracious, young woman.!  Her elegance and grace, always, shines through!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

William, you did very well picking a wife. I believe Diana would have loved Kate. 

Respected Contributor

Kate kept things casual, wearing black skinny jeans teamed with a jacket by Troy London and lace-up boots by Chloe.

Kate Middleton smiles as she chats to eager fans

The visit comes after the Royal Family appeared on the Buckingham Palace balcony for the Trooping the Colour event

Esteemed Contributor

What a beautiful couple inside and out. The future of the monarchy is in great hands
Respected Contributor

This is a very nice casual outfit for Kate. I love the color and fit of the jacket. 

The pictures of her engaging with the rescue dogs are so adorable.

I love her hairstyle. The top part of her ponytail looks like a French braid - so pretty!