Respected Contributor

Re: Will and Kate at The Royal Variety Performance

[ Edited ]

Alexander McQueen is often her go-to for special special events. with its classic lines, she'll be able to wear this again and again.

Occasional Contributor

This wasn't one of my favorite dresses, but she always looks so lovely and I do like what she wears 90% of the time.  I'm sure she likes to mix it up too and somemtimes it's a miss.  

Esteemed Contributor

Even though I'm not a huge fan of lace, I do like the dress and  this is one of the best looks I've ever seen her in.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

Thank you for sharing those photos - Kate looks lovely!  That dress is gorgeous!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't love the dress, but she looks very nice in it and her hair is fabulous.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Good4u wrote:

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@Good4u wrote:

Kate wears the dress beautifully and fits her figure.  But black is not really the best color for her as she has too much warmth in her hair causing the entire look to clash.   

I don't understand this statement.  So she shouldn't wear black because her hair doesn't match? 

I think she looks lovely.

Black is NOT Kate's best color because black looks better on cool seasons, particularly winter.  Kate has too much warmth in her hair to be considered a cool season which is why it doesn't translate well and clashes.  She can wear it on the bottom all day long but not close to her face.  The cut of the dress is lovely but the total black not so much.  In fact, I consulted a color analysis expert, who also agrees black is not her best color precisely because she has warmth in her appearance and is a soft summer season probably toasted.  I rest my case.

If this a problem for you then we will agree to disagree.  

@Good4u I certainly have no problem disagreeing wholeheartedly with this.  One, I just don't buy it and two, even black has different shading, the irridescence of the material or the weave.

Sorry, but I think it is totally unfounded. Black also looks lovely with warm tones:  Black and copper, black and bronzes, black and warm browns.