Trusted Contributor

Re: Will and Kate at The Royal Variety Performance

She will be a beautiful Queen one day!  Beautiful couple.

Trusted Contributor

They both look amazing....but Kate's dress....wow, wow, wow!!! She looks stunning!!!

Respected Contributor

I love it all. I would have worn strappy heels, but the rest is gorgeous.
Honored Contributor

@Good4u wrote:

Kate wears the dress beautifully and fits her figure.  But black is not really the best color for her as she has too much warmth in her hair causing the entire look to clash.   

I don't understand this statement.  So she shouldn't wear black because her hair doesn't match? 

I think she looks lovely.

Trusted Contributor

That color under the lace is not flattering.  Kristen Stewart Twilight actress' lace dress is more becoming sans the open slit.

lace dress.jpg

Respected Contributor

@lmtI love her clean, trimmed, shaped, healthy, polish-free nails.  They're a true beauty asset.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@Good4u wrote:

Kate wears the dress beautifully and fits her figure.  But black is not really the best color for her as she has too much warmth in her hair causing the entire look to clash.   

I don't understand this statement.  So she shouldn't wear black because her hair doesn't match? 

I think she looks lovely.

Black is NOT Kate's best color because black looks better on cool seasons, particularly winter.  Kate has too much warmth in her hair to be considered a cool season which is why it doesn't translate well and clashes.  She can wear it on the bottom all day long but not close to her face.  The cut of the dress is lovely but the total black not so much.  In fact, I consulted a color analysis expert, who also agrees black is not her best color precisely because she has warmth in her appearance and is a soft summer season probably toasted.  I rest my case.

If this a problem for you then we will agree to disagree.  

Esteemed Contributor

While the cut of the dress is nice, the lace bodice design leaves a lot to be desired. I'm sure that the dress looks fine in person, but it photographs as if there are two bullseyes over the bustline.

Did nobody notice this before the dress was made for Kate? There's an art to lace placement and this dress misses the mark.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@TY wrote:

While the cut of the dress is nice, the lace bodice design leaves a lot to be desired. I'm sure that the dress looks fine in person, but it photographs as if there are two bullseyes over the bustline.

Did nobody notice this before the dress was made for Kate? There's an art to lace placement and this dress misses the mark.

@TY   I don't think the dress was made for Kate because there was another lady, I think an actress, at the same event, wearing nearly the same identical dress.  I think it was pred-a-porter.

It would not be the first time Kate has worn "off' the rack"clothing.  She shops at Zara, ASOS, etc.  She looks good in anything she wears, just looks better in some than in others.  I think we get used to her looking so well-groomed and near-perfect all the time that when she is not perfect, it does not look right.

Trusted Contributor

@grandma petes wrote:

They both look amazing....but Kate's dress....wow, wow, wow!!! She looks stunning!!!

Totally agree.  I initially thought the dress was dark navy. Regardless, it is exquisite, and Kate looks stunning as usual.  Perfection.