Honored Contributor

Re: Will and Kate at The Royal Variety Performance

Awwww look at the little heels on the shoes of the girl handing the flowers to KAte, although I doubt that I would see Charlotte in such heels when she is that girl's age.
Respected Contributor

The royal couple will greet a number of performers as well as executives from the Royal Variety Charity and ITV, both before and after the show.

The event is in aid of the Royal Variety Charity, formally known as The Entertainment Artistes’ Benevolent Fund, of which The Queen is Patron.

The money raised from the show helps hundreds of entertainers throughout the UK, who need help and assistance as a result of old age, ill-health, or hard times.

Prince William meeting Zizi Strallen (as Mary Poppins), Charlie Stemp (as Bert) and Petula Clark (as Bird Lady).

Prince William meeting Zizi Strallen (as Mary Poppins), Charlie Stemp (as Bert) and Petula Clark (as Bird Lady) The Royal Variety Performance

Petula Clark, who is starring in Mary Poppins, told Kate she would have to bring the children to the show, to which she replied: 'They would love it'.

Petula Clark, who is starring in Mary Poppins, told Kate she would have to bring the children to the show, to which she replied: 'They would love it'

Honored Contributor

Her hair is gorgeous, but I don't care for the dress at all, not the color or the design for her.

Respected Contributor

they both look really nice but i agree that this particular dress is not her best look.  

Honored Contributor

I wore that dress to a homecoming in 1958

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

Welsh actor Luke Evans, who began his career on the stage, performing in many of London's West End productions such as Rent, Miss Saigon and Piaf, introduced the National Anthem.

Welsh actor Luke Evans, who began his career on the stage, performing in many of London's West End productions such as Rent, Miss Saigon and Piaf, introduced the National Anthem at The Royal Variety Performance

Britain's Prince William, centre left and Kate, the Duchess of Cambridge, stand in the Royal Box, as Britain's national anthem is played, at the start of the Royal Variety Performance

The royal couple stand for a rendition of the national anthem as they are joined by two suited gentlemen in an elaborately decorated box

Honored Contributor

I don't like that dress. She still looks lovely, as always.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor

@Good4u wrote:

Kate wears the dress beautifully and fits her figure.  But black is not really the best color for her as she has too much warmth in her hair causing the entire look to clash.   

I agree with you.  That's the first thing I thought when I saw the picture.  I think everything looks good on her, but this color just misses it with her coloring.  

Honored Contributor

I just never can get enough of the two of them.  Beautiful as always.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

She wore the Erdem earrings that she wore previously with this dress. Love both.

4a20f6c241ef186ede3f061e0576ad01.jpg

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"