Respected Contributor

Will and Kate at The Royal Variety Performance

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge dusted off their finery to raise the glamour stakes at tonight's Royal Variety Performance as they arrived at the London Palladium theatre.

The spectacular show takes place every year, either in London or in a theatre around the United Kingdom, and it's the third time Kate Middleton and Prince William have attended, following their 2014 and 2017 appearances.

Kate looked stunning in a floor-length black lace overlay Alexander McQueen gown and wore her glossy locks in loose curls.

Meanwhile William continued his recent stylish form with a traditional black tuxedo.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge complimented each other perfectly as they arrived at the star-studded event both wearing black attire

Kate looked stunning in a floor-length black lace overlay Alexander McQueen gown and wore her glossy locks in loose curls while Wills donned a stylish tux

All smiles! Prince William and Kate Middleton smiled and waved at the crowds as they arrived at the London Palladium tonight

Respected Contributor

Re: Will and Kate at The Royal Variety Performance

Oh my, what a great looking couple!

Kate's dress is gorgeous!

Honored Contributor

She looks beautiful and he is dashing as always!

Respected Contributor

Prince William and his wife Kate smile and engage with fans as they arrived at the London Palladium for a night of entertainment

Kate sported a towering pair of black heels underneath her flowing Alexander McQueen gown, which featured sheer sleeves (pictured)

The duchess is a big fan of designer Alexander McQueen, who designed her stunning wedding dress in 2011

Valued Contributor

Kate wears the dress beautifully and fits her figure.  But black is not really the best color for her as she has too much warmth in her hair causing the entire look to clash.   

Honored Contributor

Her hair is gorgeous, but I'm not crazy about the dress.  I  think it's the design of the lace.  Such a great-looking couple.

Honored Contributor

I think Kate's dress is awful.  It looks cheap and matronly.   Doesn't do a thing for her.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

The royal couple will greet a number of performers as well as executives from the Royal Variety Charity and ITV, both before and after the show

Prince William, Duke of Cambridge, and Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, pictured entering the theatre for tonight's performance

Prince William placed an affectionate hand on his wife's back as the couple entered the theatre for the performance tonight

Honored Contributor

I think she looks spot-on beautiful as always.  I think her style is not trying to call attention to herself or look "hot" is what separates her from how Diana dressed which led to so much of the media uproar.

Kate's style says she is comfortble with herself, smart, and not focused on her looks as her worth.  Which I love.

Also, and this is meant as a compliment, she and Martha Stewart have hands that look like they have a life and do things!  It makes them special to me.  

Respected Contributor

Kate was presented with a posy of flowers picked from the garden of the Royal Variety Charity's residential home in west London, Brinsworth House.

Will was handed a copy of the programme for tonight's performance.

Kate was presented with a posy of flowers picked from the garden of the Royal Variety Charity’s residential home in west London, Brinsworth House called 'Frosty Winter Garden' by Lydia Jones, 10

Prince William shakes the hand of eight-year-old Oliver Hinton as he's handed a copy of the programme for tonight's performance