Respected Contributor

Re: Will and Kate Attend The BAFTA Awards

This is a beautiful gown and I'm happy to see Kate wear it again. Personally, I think she looks better today than she did eight years ago when she last wore it.

She looks stunning - the gown, clutch, gold shoes, jewelry and her hair - I wouldn't change a thing.

Honored Contributor

A true Princess Heart   

Elegant, seems to be a nice person, etc.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

Kate's dress was slightly altered for the BAFTA event, with the original cap sleeves replaced with a more structured shoulder.

The Duchess could be seen beaming as she brushed shoulders with fellow attendees at the star-studded event in Royal Albert Hall

Kate stunned in an embroidered white Alexander McQueen dress with gold detail, which she last wore on the couple's Malaysia tour in 2012 (pictured in 2012)

Honored Contributor

@lmt -

Thanks for all these great pictures!

I really enjoyed looking at all of them.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

After taking their seats next to one another at the Royal Albert Hall, the Duke and Duchess appeared to share a smile

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge appeared overjoyed to be attending the event as they rubbed shoulders with Hollywood royalty

Respected Contributor

This gown is very reminiscent of a gold and ivory gown worn by Diana in 1986 to an event at the German Embassy. In fact Diana wore the gown more than once and had it altered to remove the sleeves. There is a picture of Diana and kate side by side in these gowns on line. I don't know how to post pictures but if you would like to see it just google Diana in gold and white gown inspires Kate's gown. 

Honored Contributor

The Royal Reviewer says Kate wore this because it isn't new. He said the sleeves had been altered to accommodate the British winter. The last time it was worn was on a trip to Malaysia, and they were cap sleeves

Respected Contributor

Will, who has been President of BAFTA since 2010, presented the Fellowship award to film producer Kathleen Kennedy, who has produced Star Wars movies, including The Force Awakens, The Last Jedi and Rogue One, as well as Jurassic Park, ET The Extra Terrestrial and the Back to the Future trilogy.

The BAFTA Fellowship, an honour given to a select few individuals during the lifetime of the award, including Steven Spielberg in 1986, Sir Alec Guinness in 1989, Sean Connery in 1998 and Christopher Lee in 2011. The award was first bestowed to Alfred Hitchcock in 1971, and Kennedy is only the 24th American recipient of the award.

View image on Twitter

Prince William spoke about the need for diversity in film while presenting the Fellowship award to Kathleen Kennedy this evenign

The royal couple could be seen giggling as they sat alongside other attendees at the event in the Royal Albert Hall this evening

Respected Contributor

@lmt wrote:

Kate's dress was slightly altered for the BAFTA event, with the original cap sleeves replaced with a more structured shoulder.

The Duchess could be seen beaming as she brushed shoulders with fellow attendees at the star-studded event in Royal Albert Hall

Kate stunned in an embroidered white Alexander McQueen dress with gold detail, which she last wore on the couple's Malaysia tour in 2012 (pictured in 2012)

The restructured shoulders are the first thing I noticed about the dress, and the only thing I don't like about it, because it gave the look a hard edge that seemed off.  Much prefer the original shoulder style -- softer, more feminine.  Of course, even the altered dress is fabulous on her!

Respected Contributor

I loved this dress the first time I saw it. Still beautiful today. Love the jewelry too. I have always thought William was a hottie and still do. He's tall and keeps hinself in great shape, just like Kate. I bet Diana would be stunning and slim at nearly 60 if she were still alive.