Respected Contributor

Re: Will & Kate Arrive in Pakistan

@ECBG wrote:

@lmt I see your point, but with one thread, you just go to the last post.  The time of the last post is also given.  Smiley Happy

@ECBG  That one thread may be 4 or 5 pages back. Why scroll through several pages looking for it when you can just create a new post to discuss the new current event? 

Not to mention that if someone new to the forums wanted to start posting they would never be aware of the one thread dedicated to the royals when it's on page 4 or 6 or whatever.

Esteemed Contributor

1st of all - I fall firmly in the separate thread for each event side of the fence. What’s next? One thread for “Award Shows” or, even more generically, “Hollywood”? I suppose one thread for each product line would cut down on the threads, but I also admit I stopped looking at the Barefoot Dreams thread because it was too hard to follow if you didn’t check it daily.

With regards to Kate’s outfit, I don’t think I like it. I think the blue is too bright for me. I originally didn’t like the topper when I thought it was a dress. But, then I saw what she was doing with the pants and realized it was a nod to the country. So, I no longer mind the style. The color just doesn’t work for me.
Honored Contributor

@lmt It was an idea to save multiple posts.  If some continously running threads had been separate posts, one could have been easily 20 posts a day times number of continuous threads.

Respected Contributor

@ECBG  One problem I could see with just one thread for all subjects would be when there are people posting who do not agree on one subject of the royalty  - and this does happen -  Mods close the thread abd then we would lose all the other threads for good including photographs which may not be involved in the current dispute so having separate threads is preferable.

Respected Contributor

@dulwich wrote:

@ECBG  One problem I could see with just one thread for all subjects would be when there are people posting who do not agree on one subject of the royalty  - and this does happen -  Mods close the thread abd then we would lose all the other threads for good including photographs which may not be involved in the current dispute so having separate threads is preferable.

@dulwich  Excellent point.

I forgot all about the potential for that happening. And it does happen quite a bit.

Respected Contributor

I'm trying to understand why the "one thread" suggestion was made @ECBG . What in particular about the current format is not working for you?

Honored Contributor

@lmtI love seeing the outfits you post from each event.  

One thread is no good IMO - for all the reasons others have stated.  Should we also have 1 thread (just for example) of unique home decor one finds, or 1 long-running thread for posting current sales events at different retailers?  

Honored Contributor

I want those earrings!  I am in the minority since I do like everything about the shoes.  As far as one thread dedicated to the Royals I am not a fan of that but, I would not be opposed the and entire forum dedicated to the Royals.  However, that would drive some non-fan/followers crazy.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@bathina wrote:

I'm trying to understand why the "one thread" suggestion was made @ECBG . What in particular about the current format is not working for you?

@bathina Hello my DearSmiley Happy.  I just thought with so many different titles, and more to come, if everything were in the same area, then it would be easier to find, like some other threads.  Their titles don't change and ladies can just refer to the thread title when they want to and refer to things.  Now you have to remember the exact thread title.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love the color and the earrings! I just think the dress is a little too long with the pants underneath. It just looks "off" somehow. Maybe a couple inches off the hem and it would have made a big difference.

My verdict is still out on the shoes with it......I'm 50/50 on those. Smiley Tongue

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

I do love love the buttons up the sleeve!!

~~~ So many handbags....so few hands ~~~