Respected Contributor

Will & Kate Arrive in Pakistan

[ Edited ]

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge began their tour of Pakistan today after the country heightened security provisions for the couple's five-day visit.

Their arrival in Islamabad this evening marked their first official visit to the Islamic country and 'most complex' tour to date, Kensington Palace said, due to political tensions and security concerns in the region.

The smiling royal couple was accorded a red-carpet reception as they left the British Government's RAF Voyager plane together, with Kate wearing a bespoke top and trousers by Catherine Walker.

More than 1,000 Pakistani police officers have been deployed to secure the couple's safety during their travels across the country. All details of their engagements will be released by the palace on the day for security reasons.

Kate wore bespoke top and trousers by Catherine Walker

The Duchess

She received flowers when she landed

Respected Contributor

Re: Will & Kate Arrive in Pakistan

The Duchess of Cambridge arrives at Pakistani Air Force Base Nur Khan in bespoke Catherine Walker and nude heels as she walks alongside Prince William

Kate paired her dress and trousers with a silver clutch bag and nude heels for the trip

Respected Contributor

I think Kate looks stunning. 

It's a beautiful outfit and that shade of blue is gorgeous!!  Heart

Trusted Contributor

Oy. Those shoes!

Otherwise, appropriate.

Respected Contributor

@ILTH wrote:

Oy. Those shoes!

Otherwise, appropriate.

@ILTH  I agree.

The heels on their own are fine, but I think a pair of flat shoes would've looked nicer.

Honored Contributor

I don't understand those shoes with the traditional Pakistani outfit either. Style or color-in this case nude heels don't go with everything imo.

Otherwise the color and tailoring - absolutely gorgeous.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

I love the first photo where the dress looks ombre.

I don't much care for it in the rest of the pics.  But maybe because Kate needs to STAND UP STRAIGHT.

LOL, I'm s stickler for posture and so often she's got rounded shoulders (and I'm not talking about when she's leaning down and in to acknowledge a child).

Respected Contributor

After their official welcome, William and Kate headed off in a heavily-guarded convoy to their base for the week, the High Commissioner’s official residence in the capital, Islamabad

Arriving at the Nur Khan air base in Rawalpindi just after 9.30pm the smiling royal couple was accorded a red-carpet reception as they left the British Government's RAF Voyager plane together

It is hoped that a successful tour by the Cambridges will help Prime Minister Imran Khan’s efforts to restore his country’s reputation internationally

The Duchess of Cambridge is greeted by staff as she walks off the plane as she arrives in in Islamabad, Pakistan with William

Kate's outfit echoed many of the outfits worn in the country by William’s late mother, Diana, Princess of Wales, and was a respectful nod to tradition in the Muslim country

Kate Middleton wore Catherine Walker and wore her hair down as she arrived in Pakistan to a warm welcome

Honored Contributor

kate-middleton-earrings-a.jpg

Aquamarine earrings? 

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Esteemed Contributor

Thank you for the photos.

I think Kate looks lovely.