Esteemed Contributor

Re: Will The Floral Trend Never End?

Floral is a classic way to print a fabric -- not a trend. It's as classic as houndstooth and tartan are as prints although the trendiest fashions may not always showcase them in a specific period of fashion seasons.

Those who don't like florals can find plenty of solids, dots, or plaids nearby in the same stores or QVC, and those who love florals can keep buying.

Honored Contributor

As a recent convert to non-solids, I will say I like abstract prints including some abstract florals. I will never wear ditzy print florals or those gigantic cabbage rose upholstry florals. You won't catch me in polka dots or plaids either.{#emotions_dlg.scared}

Esteemed Contributor

I like florals. It allows me to chose bottoms in more than one color. And I do like color in general and florals are forgiving, happy and just plain fun.

Honored Contributor

Speaking of ""old lady"" ""matronly"" and ""outdated"" some of you need to think up some better and more current descriptive words than these.

Honored Contributor

Ouch! Nothing that big should ever be done in floral!

Honored Contributor

On 8/5/2014 SoftRaindrops said:

I rarely see floral clothing except on shopping channels.

There's plenty and I shop!

Honored Contributor

Peachesandcream: Love that floral print top!

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

Hi Bette! I hope it ends soon. Or at least winds down. I have a hard time finding a solid color top! In the 1980's,to 1990's floral was in, and I wore it all the time. Carol Anderson, Donna Jessica, Nothing Matches, Carol Little, these designers were huge. Especially the big cabbage rose, Victorian prints.

I can see a need for them for variety, but it is too much when a solid top is had to find!

Respected Contributor

Maybe not,but you made a nice rhyme!

Honored Contributor

On 7/31/2014 betteb said:

HSN's TS-Hideous, IMO

Looks like the Marie Barone look to me. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

"Pure Michigan"