Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 23,350
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Will, Kate, Charles & Camilla in Joint Visit

I don't know about Meghan,but all my life I have had to follow rules and do what was expected.  From my parents, relatives, school teachers, bosses, etc.  

 

I've not had the option of doing otherwise so it is difficult for me to understand.  Do most of us not have rules and obligations?  

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,754
Registered: ‎05-21-2010

Re: Will, Kate, Charles & Camilla in Joint Visit

No we don't have to follow the rules that members of the Royal Family do. As adults we don't follow rules from school teachers or from parents. As adults we make our own decisions about jobs, who we marry and where we live without having to ask a grandparent's permission.  That's the difference between how we grow up and mature and live our lives and how the royals are forced to live a very different way. I think it would be very difficult for an American or anyone not brought up as a royal to thrive in that way of life. Hence the number of divorces in the Royal family. It takes a toll 


@Sooner wrote:

I don't know about Meghan,but all my life I have had to follow rules and do what was expected.  From my parents, relatives, school teachers, bosses, etc.  

 

I've not had the option of doing otherwise so it is difficult for me to understand.  Do most of us not have rules and obligations?  


 

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,534
Registered: ‎05-24-2010

Re: Will, Kate, Charles & Camilla in Joint Visit


@50 mickey wrote:

No we don't have to follow the rules that members of the Royal Family do. As adults we don't follow rules from school teachers or from parents. As adults we make our own decisions about jobs, who we marry and where we live without having to ask a grandparent's permission.  That's the difference between how we grow up and mature and live our lives and how the royals are forced to live a very different way. I think it would be very difficult for an American or anyone not brought up as a royal to thrive in that way of life. Hence the number of divorces in the Royal family. It takes a toll 


@Sooner wrote:

I don't know about Meghan,but all my life I have had to follow rules and do what was expected.  From my parents, relatives, school teachers, bosses, etc.  

 

I've not had the option of doing otherwise so it is difficult for me to understand.  Do most of us not have rules and obligations?  


 


Harry had rules to follow as a royal. His wife knew that when she married him. It didn't work for her, so it is all about her. She is selfish, and all the stories we heard about her using and discarding people are all proving to be true. She was looking for fame and she got it with Harry. She certainly never got it as an actress!

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,754
Registered: ‎05-21-2010

Re: Will, Kate, Charles & Camilla in Joint Visit

@manny2  Harry's a grown man. I sure he made his decisions based on what is best for his family. It is absurd to place the blame on Meghan for this unless you think that Harry is a simple minded man. I guess that you don't think much of the Queen. She herself said that she understood and fully supported Harry's decision to step down from royal duties. She also expressed her love for Harry and Meghan and Archie. Or maybe you think that the Queen is a liar. Either way it is their life to live. It seems there are people on these boards more outraged by this than the Queen herself. 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 35,551
Registered: ‎06-11-2011

Re: Will, Kate, Charles & Camilla in Joint Visit

@50 mickey. That was the official statement for the public, the royal "spin." Behind closed doors, I'm thinking not so much.
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,285
Registered: ‎05-22-2014

Re: Will, Kate, Charles & Camilla in Joint Visit

Perhaps just me, and as a huge fan of Diana, I guess I reached a point I managed to put her relationship with Charles in the past. It was a terrible time, to be sure, but to blame “the other woman” is rather an outdated notion.

It does take two to tango, as they say.  Somehow I think Diana would want everyone to let it go.  She was a loving person.

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,033
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Will, Kate, Charles & Camilla in Joint Visit

Diana's intention was to have a happy solid marriage. But it became obvious to her that he would not stop seeing Camilla. She might have had her "affair", but only after it was clear that he didn't give a ****** about her. I blame Charles and Camilla for their selfishness and lack of doing what was right, considering there were two little boys involved.

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,534
Registered: ‎05-24-2010

Re: Will, Kate, Charles & Camilla in Joint Visit


@50 mickey wrote:

@manny2  Harry's a grown man. I sure he made his decisions based on what is best for his family. It is absurd to place the blame on Meghan for this unless you think that Harry is a simple minded man. I guess that you don't think much of the Queen. She herself said that she understood and fully supported Harry's decision to step down from royal duties. She also expressed her love for Harry and Meghan and Archie. Or maybe you think that the Queen is a liar. Either way it is their life to live. It seems there are people on these boards more outraged by this than the Queen herself. 


@50 mickey  What did you expect the Queen to say Harry made the biggest mistake of his life? He did, and I bet she would love to say it!