Esteemed Contributor

Neither.  I just don't like wide leg pants at all - on any body type.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

I like wide leg pants especially in the warmer months they are so much more comfortable than pants that are fitted.

Respected Contributor

The white pants look exactly like the “baggies” I used to wear in junior high(early 70s). 

Honored Contributor

I have several pairs with a similar cut.   Just don't like faded denim. 

jeans front view

Esteemed Contributor

I prefer close through the knee pants, whether skinnies or bootcut.  Much more flattering IMO.

Esteemed Contributor

The only wide leg pants I like are palazzos to be worn dressy.

Esteemed Contributor

I love wide-leg pants.  Throughout the trend and style leanings to skinny leg pants, I've always kept some wide legs and palazzos in my wardrobe.  The look may not be for everyone, but after so many years of seeing far too many not looking their best wearing skinny too tight, it'll be refreshing to see those trend followers loosen up. 

Honored Contributor

@Trix wrote:

I love wide-leg pants.  Throughout the trend and style leanings to skinny leg pants, I've always kept some wide legs and palazzos in my wardrobe.  The look may not be for everyone, but after so many years of seeing far too many not looking their best wearing skinny too tight, it'll be refreshing to see those trend followers loosen up. 

@Trix 

Where I work, while I was waiting to go in (I always arrive too early), I saw a young woman go in with skin tight light beige leggings, size 2 X, I would think.  I don't want to remember that picture.  Everything possible was visable!

See the source image

Trusted Contributor

I'm too short and stocky for wide legs.  They only make me look wider!  If you are tall, they can look flattering.  

Honored Contributor

@violann 

Wide and structured don't have to be mutually exclusive.

I like a wide leg pant but no knits! The right top makes a difference too.

The way that the Q styles the models with wide leg pants and big shirts isn't doing any of them any favors!