Honored Contributor

Re: Wide leg culottes or cropped pants

[ Edited ]

I forgot to mention that I did often wear them way back in the eighties?.  

Edited:  Printed wide leg suits, printed wide leg pants, all sorts of color combos.  

I was much younger then, and also wore very short dresses/skirts without even blinking an eye.

'It irks me' now that I'm thinking about it.  Mini skirts and dresses.  I hope I wore tights, but I don't think so........

'Geeesh', what was I thinking?

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

@ROMARY 

Navy daisy print sounds fun!

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

@ROMARY 

To loosely quote ZZ Top 'you had legs and you knew how to use them' 😉

I can't wear short skirts or dresses anymore either😩

Honored Contributor

'Anyway', I'm looking forward to wearing some of my wide leg pants, coulottes, and somewhat cropped wide leg items. 

Sometimes it takes a thread to remind me about wearing 'this and that'.

Thank you!   Heart

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

Ladies looking good in your ‘wide legs’  - do you know  What the bottom hem opening size on your pants is. - they seem to run from 23” to 25” ones I have checked on Q.  

I think maybe if the bottom hem is too large not so flattering - yours look good just wondered about this size.

Esteemed Contributor

@ROMARY 

I did not wear tights, and my poor parents were mortified!!  Smiley Embarassed

Esteemed Contributor

@dulwich 

Great point, and ITA.  The two that I posted are approximately 21" hem width (I have two other wide-legs, and both of those are approx 22").  I would not purchase anything wider than that. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Spacrazy wrote:

Shhhhhhh @VancouverUSAgal  - don’t tell them that cause they think they look soooo good.

@Spacrazy @VancouverUSAgal 

I'm sorry you can't pull it off but that doesn't mean the rest of us aren't successful at it

I am short but I'm far from dumpy!

162A1E26-9DA4-44E3-9E93-E5791AD9D175.jpeg

You look oo la la in that outfit. I love that look a lot on you ... it's also an outfit I would/do wear. Only difference is I need a v or more open neck top.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Respected Contributor

@MacDUFF  Thank you for your reply.  I kind of thought the smaller measurement looks more attractive and your reply confirmed it as yours look really good.  Very helpful gives me a guideline!  Again thanks.

Trusted Contributor

I like some of the wide leg pants they have now brought back.  I also like them way back when!  For me they have to be cut just right.  They are not all cut the same.  I wear them mostly in the summer!Woman Wink