Honored Contributor

Re: Wide leg culottes or cropped pants

[ Edited ]

@dulwich wrote:

Ladies looking good in your ‘wide legs’  - do you know  What the bottom hem opening size on your pants is. - they seem to run from 23” to 25” ones I have checked on Q.  

I think maybe if the bottom hem is too large not so flattering - yours look good just wondered about this size.

@dulwich 

I don't know the measurement but I have some that are wider. I find a woven, with structure, is better than a loosey-goosey knit but that's just me. 
I generally prefer woven when it comes to bottoms anyway

It's all in the styling. Wear what works for your individual shape. @MacDUFF and I are shaped differently; what works for her doesn't necessarily work for me and vice a versa but we can both wear a wide leg and/or crop!

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 Ha, ha, you are so right! I am only 5 feet tall (and holding) I could not pull off this style. I will just have to pass on this fad.

Honored Contributor

No thanks, but on tall and slender people, they look fine. 

Respected Contributor

I agree that it all depends on the cut of a particular pant. I am quite petite, and I like the look of some on me; others, not as much. The really key thing for me is to wear the right shoe with wider leg pants of any kind, so I usually try on several possibilities until I find the best look.

Honored Contributor

I'm not wearing wide-leg anything. I'm only 5-3 and they would make me as wide as I am tall...not a look I'm going for.

Honored Contributor

I only wear straight leg / slim leg / or wide leg pants that are full length.

I just ignore any other styles.  

Trends are for other people, not for me.

Respected Contributor

There you go again @Andreatoo just beautiful on you. You should be on air modeling (or maybe you do - yay). 

Keep styling, girl !!

Regular Contributor

@MacDUFFThose wide leg crops really look nice!  Are they a QVC item?  Do

you mind sharing what brand they are?

Trusted Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

'Anyway', I'm looking forward to wearing some of my wide leg pants, coulottes, and somewhat cropped wide leg items. 

Sometimes it takes a thread to remind me about wearing 'this and that'.

Thank you!   Heart

I love wide leg pants especially in the summer. Can't wear shorts anymore. Well at least out in public. I am peitite and I love they way they look on Mel I purchased the Side Stitch wide leg crop pants in both colors. Of course they are full length on me but they look great and the comfort level is beyond ridiculousl. Also purchased the wide leg pants in side stitch and my goodness are they flattering and once again they are beyond comfortable. Both styles are perfect for summer. Light airy and breezie and they wash up fabulously dry and low and no wrinkles. The fabric is stunning and easy care and easy wear while still looking and feeling great. You don't always have to be tall to pull a look off. I do wear wedges or a low heel most of the time. With the SS crop I wear sandals or cool sneakers. Anyway don't knock it until you try it. You might be surprised. More times than not things I think won't look good on me actually do.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks @laro.

The white denim is from Supplies, purchased at Nordstrom's Rack for about $24ish...I dropped the hem for a perfect inseam for me.

The light wash blue is from AG, also purchased at the Rack for about $65ish (a fantastic price for AG).

Welcome to the boards!

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~