Esteemed Contributor

Hoo boy!  Wide legs and front gathers, too?  That would be a big no for 5'2" me. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

cant stand wide leg pants....I'm a petite and they look ridiculous on petites ....And there are so many other body shapes this style looks awful on, why they brought this style I dont know.....Woman Frustrated

@Spurt 

Probably because there are so many body shapes that this style LOOKS GREAT ON .... mine, for instance!   Smiley Wink 

Respected Contributor

I tried palazzo pants and definitely don't like them.  Also didn'l like wide leg pants until I tried the D&C TVS a couple years ago and they looked good on me.  I have bought 4 pair of Susan Graver wide leg pants since then and like them, but not her palazzo pants.  I have tried other brands of wide leg pants and did not like the fit. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Wide Leg Pants

[ Edited ]

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

cant stand wide leg pants....I'm a petite and they look ridiculous on petites ....And there are so many other body shapes this style looks awful on, why they brought this style I dont know.....Woman Frustrated

@Spurt 

Probably because there are so many body shapes that this style LOOKS GREAT ON .... mine, for instance!   Smiley Wink 

@ALRATIBA 

Personally I haven't seen it...and to me it looks like refugees from the 60's/70's ..Someone recently posted a thread on retro clothes from this era everyone was laughing at it and making jokes and I said looks like the clothes currently on QVC...   Woman LOL   But if you like how they look on you, wear em be my guest--ENJOY....Peace!

1960s childrens clothing costumesFlower Child Bell Bottoms Costume - Plus Size 1X - Dress Size 16-20

just like jeggings...jello isn't the only thing that jiggles....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Wide leg pants look good on me. I'm 5'10" with slim legs. I tried on a pair from the Who What Wear collection at Target and I thought they were so flattering. I didn't buy them but then I ordered them online that night. They're a very lightweight denim look. I'll live in them in summer with a t shirt.

I've seen people post here that they don't look good on anyone, and that's just not true.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Honored Contributor

It's also the fabric and the design. I haven't seen them presented but just going by the photo of the TSV, not a flattering fabric or design.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Honored Contributor

@queendiva wrote:

In style or not, a very wide, flowy leg on pants does not work for my heavy thighs and short legs. Straight leg is okay. Like everything else, I think this style looks best on those whose legs are long and lean.

@queendiva   Agreed.  Wide leg pants makes for a wide body look.  Having your legs look like stovepipes is not a good thing.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

It doesn’t matter to me what’s “in”.  No I don’t like the tsv so didn’t buy.  I think they look very sloppy.  Very disappointed in the spring fashions this year.

Trusted Contributor

I don't care for today's TSV but I do like a flared pant and the sailor look. IMG_1002.PNG

IMG_1003.PNG

IMG_1001.PNG

Honored Contributor

I HAD to wear wide leg pants for years prior to my double knee replacement because I was bow legged from the knee arthritis.   The wide leg pants somewhat hid my ugly bowed out legs.....so I see wide leg pants for covering flaws....So they are good for  hiding disfigurement ....

It you have nice  straight legs( which I now proudly have!🙂) why cover them up inyards of bulky loose fabric?     Even if your legs are heavy, you he wide pants make you look even bigger.