Frequent Contributor

I am very petite, barely 5', and I have a small frame. The more I look at the pants, the more I am convinced that they are not for me.  I saw the two shorter models, and I wasn't crazy about they way they looked.  If I do decide to purchase them, the petite would be long for me.  I could wear high wedge sandals, but I am skeptical. 

I did wear wide leg pants and gauchos back in the 70's.  And what about the wide, wide bell bottoms? Sailor pants.  I wore it all.  Those pants look great on the tall girls.

I welcome your comments.  

Super Contributor

I just saw the Today's Special. I have to say that is one of the ugliest pair of pants I've seen in a while! And they are not flattering at all with that bunched up waistband. I would think you'd need to be stick-thin to be able to half-way pull that off. Even at that, I am seeing it is not even flattering on the models and hosts!

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I didn't like these pants when they were a TSV a couple months ago and I still don't like them.  I think where the pleats are give them a very odd look in the crotch area.  Something is just off with the fit.  

I'm another one who is on the shorter side at 5'4" tall and I carry my weight in my lower half so I do not care for a wide leg pant on me.  They make me look shorter, heavier and dumpy. 

well put.  They are pajama pants in my eyes.  Since i already have a plethra of pants to wear around the house they are a easy pass... AGAIN!  What price was the first TSV?  

Valued Contributor

@ALRATIBA I bought Isaac's wide leg floral a couple months back.  They're beautiful and not real wide.  They'll be perfect for a wedding I might attend later this year.  Bob Mackie's last forever and I love them.  I have some older SG wide legs and the material back then was really nice.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Wide Leg Pants

[ Edited ]

Don't like them and never did.   I don't care if "they" (whoever the self appointed dictators of fashion are) proclaim that they are "in"!!  I wear what I like! The tsv is not a look I would want with the ill fit and bunched up waistband and pleat things and even though some other styles/brands might have a good look on a standing still or moving very little model, they sure could not be comfortable.  Just hope you don't have to run or get caught in the rain.  I remember wet pant legs wrapping around the leg when wet - just a big no thanks!  For those who like them then enjoy the look.

Respected Contributor

I will wear cropped wide leg pants as long as they're not too wide. Lane Bryant last season sold what's called "kick boot," which are ankle length pants that have a bit of a flare but they don't look like cropped bellbottoms. I have two pair of those and I'm wearing one of them today. Long length wide pants/palazzos I stay away from. I don't think they look good on me personally. 

Honored Contributor

I didn't have a need for palazzo pants at the time they were in, but I really like the wide pants cropped with all the interesting shoe styles.

I often look at Street Style and it's a very chic' look.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Cumbercookie13 wrote:

I will wear cropped wide leg pants as long as they're not too wide. Lane Bryant last season sold what's called "kick boot," which are ankle length pants that have a bit of a flare but they don't look like cropped bellbottoms. I have two pair of those and I'm wearing one of them today. Long length wide pants/palazzos I stay away from. I don't think they look good on me personally. 

@Cumbercookie13 

The cropped wide leg pants look great on my sister and her two daughters ... but just the wrong proportion for me.  We are all about the same height and body shape - but different leg vs torso length ratio.  They have longer legs.

I look better with  full length pants either straight or wide.  Can't wear tapered or leggings.

Honored Contributor

They look comfy.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Re: Wide Leg Pants

[ Edited ]

cant stand wide leg pants....I'm a petite and they look ridiculous on petites ....And there are so many other body shapes this style looks awful on, why they brought this style I dont know.....Woman Frustrated

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”