Honored Contributor

@Beeweaver wrote:

You should pair a wide leg pant with a more fitted top.  Otherwise, you will look big all over.  You are tall, so I'm sure they look great on you!  A fitted shorter top that falls at the waist with a cropped more fitted jacket is also nice, like a cropped denim jacket.  Just make sure the top is more fitted and not flowing or a tunic.

@Beeweaver 

Highlighting the waist gives the illusion of longer leg line. and you don't have to be tall to get that effect.

Super Contributor

@Andreatoo you look great in the wide leg pants.  I think if you keep the top close to the body and not long it is a good look and you wear them the way I do.  If the top is loose and long it looks like the clothes have swallowed your body.

Super Contributor

Re: Wide Leg Pants?

[ Edited ]

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Beeweaver wrote:

You should pair a wide leg pant with a more fitted top.  Otherwise, you will look big all over.  You are tall, so I'm sure they look great on you!  A fitted shorter top that falls at the waist with a cropped more fitted jacket is also nice, like a cropped denim jacket.  Just make sure the top is more fitted and not flowing or a tunic.

@Beeweaver 

Highlighting the waist gives the illusion of longer leg line. and you don't have to be tall to get that effect.

But, also widening the leg is NOT a good look on my 5'3" curvy frame.  Wide leg pants just don't look good on me.  I won't wear them for that reason.  They look great on taller people or very thin shorter people. Just not my thing.  Believe me, I've tried them.  They don't work for me. I'd much rather wear a straight let dress pant. Much more flattering on my body type.  I try everything as I work in a fashion retail store on the weekends so I have the opportunity to try many styles.  I know what works on me.  It is amazing to me how many people Do Not know what looks good on them.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@jannabelle1 wrote:

@pietook, I'm also a senior and absolutely love wide leg pants (palozzo pants). I especially like them in lightweight material in the summer because they are so cool, i.e. they don't stick to your skin. I'm 5'4" and always buy petite, and regularly get compliments when I wear them. One of my favorites from the Q is A306431 (regular length for you) from Women with Control. I bought two pair last summer and practically lived in them (no tummy control). They're less than $40. Susan Graver also has nice lightweight wide leg pants as well. Wear what makes you feel good and what's comfortable. Some on this forum do not like wide leg pants, and that's fine for them. But I wear what I like and what I feel attractive in (and others tell me the same thing).

Those are super cute.  They aren't crazy wide and I like the way they fit.  I think these pants need to be looser all the way down the leg.  I'm the same height as you and a pear shape.  Some of the wide leg pants are too wide and overwhelm me. They ended up making me look like a 4x4.   

Honored Contributor

What I am noticing is I am seeing a lot of styles from the 70's  I am seeing bell bottom pants and fur looking vests like Cher use to wear.  I am seeiing wide leg pants as well.  I was never a fan of the skinny jeans.  I do like the wide leg pants with a good fit in the waist.  All of these styles are not new but I am glad they are coming backSmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Leggett28 wrote:

I have a lot of summer wide leg pants INC from Macy’s. I’m 5’2” and wear a size 4. I don’t feel because of my height the wide leg pants make me look heavy. 

They are comfy in the summer.  I have a couple pair that are above the ankle.  Put them on with a pair with my vionic flip flops and I am good to go.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Wide leg pants only look good with your top tucked in.  

wide-leg pants

Esteemed Contributor

I'm also a senior, but much shorter than you are.  While I can't claim to be a fashionista, I think wide leg pants are "in" these days.  Since you enjoy yours, my vote is that you buy some more.

For me, wide leg pants are a definite "no", but I think they can be quite nice on others. 

Super Contributor

One issue with side leg pants is the length needs to be just right to look good I think. If you long, it looks like someone playing "dress up" in Mom's clothes. I like straight leg. Can't stand anything tight around my knees. Skinny pants emphasize width of hips compared to legs. But it seems fashion always has to move between extremes. 

Honored Contributor

@songbird wrote:

Wide leg pants only look good with your top tucked in.  

wide-leg pants

I was going to say the exact same thing! A must!