Regular Contributor

I purchased a few last year and I love them...comfortable and looks great with heels or high wedges.  Much prefer them to skinny jeans, jeggings or leggings.  However, if you are really short they look too much like the pants are wearing you instead of you wearing the pants.

But I do like them!

Esteemed Contributor

I really like wide leg pants in a flowy fabric.

I do have long legs, though I am average height.  I don't know about these, though.  I could probably wear a tall but the fabric looks a little thick to me.

Oh well, I don't need them at this time anyway!

Cogito ergo sum
Super Contributor

I'm with you.  Too short  for this look.   Most people are.  Mama always told me - "don't wear what's in fashion  wear what looks good on you!"

Esteemed Contributor

I remember wearing palazzo pants back in the day.....and they appeared more elegant then. I don't like the big flowery wide leg pants. I would never wear that.....its not flattering on me.

Honored Contributor

I like wide-leg pants.  I'm 5'8". 

The best pants for me are straight leg and wide leg styles.

Trusted Contributor

For me, I'm pear shaped and NO NO NO NO

I tried on a pair similar a few years ago and for ME, it made my hips look even BIGGER...

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Respected Contributor

Re: Wide Leg Pants

[ Edited ]

I am petite but well proportioned and quite slim, so I can wear wide leg pants if they're not too wide and if they're long enough. I own a pair of linen-y beach pants that are very nice, as well as a pair of "sailor pants" (for lack of a better term) that are wide legged dark denim with the buttons at the top. I don't love the ones on the Q today because of the pleats, because they seem really wide, and because they're awfully short on several of the people wearing them.

Honored Contributor

It depends on the pants, all wide leg pants are not created equal.  I don't like palazzos, never did and never will.  Some of the so called "wide leg" pants are really a full leg pant and if they have a true waist band and zip and are a nice material, I like them to wear with a fitted sweater.  That makes a classic look.  I do not like leisure pants like today's TSV if the leg is big, wide and floppy.  I'm a size 18 and short so pants like that make me look squat and boxy.  Even if I would only wear them in my house.  The TSV is too much of a pj or in house look for me, I'd never dress like that outside.

Super Contributor

I don't mind wide leg pants, but today's TSV look horrid, like someone else said "they look sloppy".  Not every fashion item is for everybody type. Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

Good morning everyone.  Well, at 72, I can say I have seen it all.  I get tired of the fashion industry telling me what to wear because it’s trending. This length, that length, leggings, joggers, jeggings, slim cut, boot cut, wide cut, this color, that color, and it goes on and on.   It can get expensive changing these styles every year.  I understand this is fine for some, you go for it,  but I am going to wear what I am comfortable with.  I like a tailored look and I’m sticking to it.