Super Contributor
On 10/7/2014 nickchat said:

Sadly, when Louis had a OTO yesterday (WK cardigan) during PM style, not only did it not sell out, it doesn't appear that it was very popular. I read that he traveled 3 hours each way to sell the item and his wife was gorgeous when modeling it--I felt bad for all involved. I am thankful that QVC continues to sell this line in spite of the fact that the numbers favor designers like Lori. I prefer the classic style but I think the sales are behind the newer more trendy designers which I will only purchase once in a while.

LOGO items are horrendous! Do women actually think they look good in all that fabric? Especially around their rear ends? Sloppy to the max.

Super Contributor
On 10/7/2014 baddest_dog said:
On 10/6/2014 queendiva said:

Big difference is that Louis is an award wining "high end" designer and Lori is a stylist. I have a few of her pieces (cardigans, straight leg knit pants) from her first year on the Q. Bought at clearance or on the bay- her Q prices are ridiculous. They are well made and nice for casual wear. They are not to be mistaken in any way for the quality and fit of Linea. Her rayon/span looks flimsy at best-no wonder she styles everything in multiple layers. Her styles must be popular, as they are available from many other retailers. I recently bought a tunic in the style from Lands End. Great quality modal/span blend for a fraction of the price of a LG tunic on the Q.

I don't mind that Linea jewelry is OLO. I like that the pieces are limited and exclusive. I do not like to see my jewelry/accessories "coming and going".

I agree with a lot of this. I prefer the classic, shaped, fitted, well designed clothes of a real designer like Louis. However, in this day and age they sell to the mass market. While I dressed for success every day of my working life until retirement, I saw more and more women weating not only casual clothes, but inappropriate clothes for any business. Never in my life did a company have to enforce a dress code policy so strictly until the last few years. Why? Because women pushed the envelope of "casual" more and more to see how far they could go.

When I saw younger women coming to work in tops that were so low cut, you could see cleavage and body tattoos, I complained to management. We were seeing patients every day, even if they did not have direct contact with patients, they wore badges identifying themselves as employees. I was ashamed at times to work there. In the summer, flip flops, thong sandals, and leggings all became part of what these women wore.

With all that said, I think Lori's line sells more because that is how women want to dress for the majority of them. While I don't see anyone in my town walking around in 3 different tops all of different hem styles and layers, I do see sloppy t-shirts, sweatpants, and shapeless garments on many women. The world has changed and unfortunately the real designers are not designing for the masses. The Q sells what the masses want.

And IMO, Lori is not a designer. She styled people in other designers clothes, then started her line. To me it is a one trick pony, same fabrics, uneven hems, add a pocket, take away a pocket, all the same. I don't know her history but unlike Louis, Bob Mackie and George Simonton who all know how to make a pattern and cut and sew a garment, I doubt that she has that ability.

Sounds like where I work. Apparently a Federal agency cannot impose a dress code without providing a clothing allowance. Professionals, making upwards of 80k a year, wearing outfits one would wear slopping around at home or hiking.

Sad. Good thing I'm retiring next year.

Respected Contributor
On 10/5/2014 Nancy Drew said:

For some reason Lori is QVC's new darling. I find her over priced for what she brings. I have no problem spending money if it is quality. Her items look very Walmart to me. TSV looks cheap but yet the price isn't.

"For some reason"...............she sells a huge amount! It's business! If LDO sold in the amounts LOGO did, he would be featured in the same way.