Honored Contributor

Re: Why wouldn't they have a summer dress for the Easter TSV?

@KALLIE wrote:

@insomniac2 wrote:

I think some of the TSV prints are hideous. I would never want such long sleeves.

What's wrong with a pastel dress with short sleeves?

I rarely get into rooms that have too much a/c. Even my apartment does not have central air.

The prints are hideous. Very typical since MOST of her prints are loud and gaudy.

Yes but I have to hand it to her......she knows her audience and they purchase what she sells. Myself, I bought one of her (what she described as being like silk) shirt and it felt like industrial strength, cheap polyester. It reminded me of when polyester first came out and screamed cheap, cheap, cheap. To each his own though. She definitely finds a buyer in her customers at QVC.

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

Well, there are people who have poor circulation and thus never get warm - some Rx drugs also have that effect - and there are some posters who would find something to argue about if you say Good Morning. Counting all them aside I stand by my OP - I thought those dresses were not approprioate to the season and the prints were not attractive.

I don't live in a teepee or a tent.  I live in an air conditioned house and I work in an air conditioned building.  Anywhere I would wear this dress besides my air conditioned office would also be air conditioned.  So this is very appropriate.     

Honored Contributor

The fabric is nice and cool; it is the kind I like to wear on hot, humid Florida summer days. The only time I am likely to avoid it is when it is very cold outside. Then I want a heavier, warmer fabric.

Some comments about the fabric being hot & clingy make me wonder if the people have needed a size or two larger than what they tried. If it is too small it will be stretched tightly over the body instead of draping & flowing nicely. Any clothing that is too small and tight is likely to feel hot & uncomfortable.