Valued Contributor

Why do the host thank the vendors for bringing us talls and petites in pants when it’s the buyers at the Q that decides what size that is ordered?  

I see countless post asking vendors to please do certain pants in talls and petites when they have no say in what the buyers order!  

Anytime a pant is offered in tall length, they are usually the first to go. I’m sure they order less in quantity but does this not tell the buyers that more talls are in demand?  

Honored Contributor

I would think it's because the vendor has to manufacture all those sizes and usually doesn't for their line so it's something extra they would have to do.

Respected Contributor

@buddylou: Maybe because the vendor is responsible for providing the merchandise. I don't know...not sure I understand your concern (???) 

Respected Contributor

Perhaps to foster an air of civility?  Nice people say thank you.  We ( QVC) are nice people and have nice people purchasing from us.  and so, We pass along a thank you from the customers who are purchasing these special sizes for offering them to Our patrons.  Seems likely to me.

Honored Contributor
To be polite?
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

Just to be nice?  I must be dense this morning I dont understand the correlations in your post.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

doesn't make sense because in most cases the "vendors" are QVC's own lines.  Q decides what is produced and shown.

Honored Contributor

Why not? Sunday manners aren't just for Sunday

Trusted Contributor

@buddylou wrote:

Why do the host thank the vendors for bringing us talls and petites in pants when it’s the buyers at the Q that decides what size that is ordered?  

I see countless post asking vendors to please do certain pants in talls and petites when they have no say in what the buyers order!  

Anytime a pant is offered in tall length, they are usually the first to go. I’m sure they order less in quantity but does this not tell the buyers that more talls are in demand?  

I think it's  silly when callers thank vendors for bringing their product.s, like they are doing us a favor

Respected Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

Just to be nice?  I must be dense this morning I dont understand the correlations in your post.

@Imaoldhippie: I thought it was just me...but neither do I.