Super Contributor

Re: Why only 3/4 length sleeves?

On 8/2/2014 Goldengate8361 said: I absolutely love 3/4 sleeves! My arms are a little shorter than average so if I buy an item with long sleeves, I have to have it altered. This cost a fortune for jackets! I also actually think the 3/4 sleeve is more flattering - for everyone.

I'm in total agreement with you. I like room for bracelets , gloves, etc. also under heavy coats. Hard to believe you would freeze to death (indoors) with 3/4 sleeves. there will be plenty of long sleeves coming along as well, but for fall and spring, 3/4 sleeves are perfect for me. So glad they are sticking around.

I'm saving a fortune on alterations bills too because my arms are too short for many of the long sleeved items.

Super Contributor

IMO that is the best reason for 3/4 sleeves. If you have short arms, no big deal! Long arms? Well no big deal they will fit you too!

QVC probably understands these types of tops fit a variety of ladies' body types and that's why they sell so many. Smart marketing. They probably have less returns also, with this length sleeve.

Honored Contributor

I like 3/4 sleeves in knits, but in wovens it just looks odd to me - like the garment is incomplete. I think manufacturers are using them more to save money and a 3/4 sleeve supposedly works on everyone regardless of arm length. I prefer a short sleeve in summer so I don't wear 3/4 sleeves in summer.
Honored Contributor

I don't like 3/4 length sleeves and I hate V-necks. I think that's the reason I like the fall and winter clothing lines.

Occasional Contributor

I rarely buy long sleeve tops because they are usually too long for me. Hopefully they will continue to make 3/4 length tops for us with shorter arms. I was so glad when they started making so many 3/4 length sleeve tops. Seems like I end up wearing them year round.

Honored Contributor

Although I prefer long sleeves, and won't buy 3/4 length, most women prefer 3/4 sleeves. 'The majority wins'. Fine with me, and I've been noticing that there have been many full length long sleeves shown in the past two days. Which I love! Thanks, QVC!

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Super Contributor

I love 3/4 sleeves! I also push my long sleeves up, so it makes sense to wear the 3/4! Sometimes we don't always want to display our saggy arms! Smiley Wink
Regular Contributor

I agree with OP. If I want 3/4 sleeves, I'll push them up. I think jackets and coats look skimpy with sleeves like that. There have been a couple of blazers/coats I would have bought but the sleeve length turned me off. I want the option to push my sleeves up or leave them down.

Honored Contributor

On 8/3/2014 RetRN said:
On 8/3/2014 Hippie Chic said:

3/4 length is always more flattering then short or long sleeves. Just like a v-neck top is more flattering then a crewneck top.

That may be your opinion, but it is not mine. I would be interested to know where you got this information from.

me too.

Honored Contributor

I've never once tried to push up 3/4 length sleeves. I only do that with long sleeves.