Respected Contributor

Re: Why not a higher end line of clothes?

@GraceLady  While I AM "sophisticated" enough to use an iron or a steamer, I choose not to bother with fabrics (like linen, and 100% woven cotton) that, once I've gotten into and out of my car, look like I slept in them!

Maybe there are some who can wear these garments and look fresh & unwrinkled all day...I am not one of them.

Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

If you are wanting high end items you are shopping in the wrong place.

@Imaoldhippie 

Image result for woman doing thumbs up

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@this is my nic  Check out Club Monaco, Anthropolgie, JCrew.  They all use better fabrics and the prices are higher but the clothes are up to date and a lot of them are quite lovely.  The Duchess of Sussex wore a dress purchased from Club Monaco.  Club Monaco has a vareity of silk shirts and some silk dresses.  Beautiful clothes.  Here is a blouse you may like from Club Monaco.

Dresses

kindness is strength
Super Contributor

@vermint wrote:

@GraceLady  While I AM "sophisticated" enough to use an iron or a steamer, I choose not to bother with fabrics (like linen, and 100% woven cotton) that, once I've gotten into and out of my car, look like I slept in them!

Maybe there are some who can wear these garments and look fresh & unwrinkled all day...I am not one of them.

My comment is not directed at the people that do know that fabrics can and do wrinkle.  My comment is about people that act shocked and angry when their packages arrive and garments don't come out of the package ready to wear.  My point being that too many strange complaints occur over nonsense.  Offering fabrics that do wrinkle or require special care such as dry cleaning seems like it as asking for trouble on a television shopping channel.

I happen to agree with you about looking wrinkled when I stand up.  It is not a nice look.  While I love natural fabrics, they are definitely not for everybody.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

People aren't going to spend the money.  They will spend money on leather goods like handbags and shoes but they won't spend it on higher dollar clothing.  I'm guessing maybe one of the reasons is people keep their shoes and handbags longer as they stay in style for a longer period of time.  You also don't have to worry about fit with them.  Put on a few pounds or lose a few pounds and your shoes and handbags still work.  Put on a few pounds or lose a few pounds and you have a problem with your clothing.  

But with clothing, styles come and go and I think many people would rather have a larger amount of clothing at a mid to cheap price point that they can get rid of after a couple of seasons. They don't want to invest in a fewer high dollar pieces. You see posters posting about their daily and/or weekly purchases of items.  Not many can afford to do that if they are buying higher end.

Does anyone remember when Chloe Dao had a line of clothing here?  I think she was fresh off her appearances on Project Runway.  I will never forget that she was offering a pair of lined winter white pants and they were $65.00.  Posters were having a fit about the price of those pants.  $65.00 for a lined pair of pants and posters thought they were too expensive!!!   

@Lipstickdiva   No.  It's because they have not been offered higher end and I do remember Chloe Dao and her items were not higher end but they were mediocre and of much better design and quality than much of what is offered today.  I have some of her pants and have 3 pairs of Marc Bouwer pants that had high waists with darts and they fit so well, the reason I got the 3 pairs.  Lined and feel like a silken crepe and I have had them for many years and worn them almost weekly (one pair, at least).  I got the 3 pairs because I knew it was a rarity to find something of such good fit and quality from QVC and I was right.  I did get some very  nice things from Elisabeth Hesselbeck and Pamela Dennis.  

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I thing the women who buy couture or who buy silks, satins, cashmeres, real linen etc are not by means women who shop with shopping channels.  

@chrystaltree  Because they are not offered here.  There are plenty of very wealthy women who watch QVC.  I have friends who have a great deal of money and who used to sit and buy jewelry like it was water and they would buy the clothing if it were offered and many of them do not like to go to the B&M stores to shop.  They prefer shopping on line.  They are tired of going to the marketplace.  They have ill husbands, parents, activities to attend, like politics, church, etc.  They want to be entertained.

Respected Contributor

@GraceLady wrote:

@vermint wrote:

My comment is not directed at the people that do know that fabrics can and do wrinkle.  My comment is about people that act shocked and angry when their packages arrive and garments don't come out of the package ready to wear.  My point being that too many strange complaints occur over nonsense.  Offering fabrics that do wrinkle or require special care such as dry cleaning seems like it as asking for trouble on a television shopping channel.

I happen to agree with you about looking wrinkled when I stand up.  It is not a nice look.  While I love natural fabrics, they are definitely not for everybody.

@GraceLady I am so sorry, I completely missed the point of your post! Thanks for the explanation, I understand now. I had a bad headache yesterday, and my "fuse" may have been a bit shorter than usual. 

Valued Contributor

I happen to love linen and don’t mind the wrinkles.  That’s linen!  The Q did have D&C beach pants that were a blend of linen and viscose.  They didn’t wrinkle like pure linen and were economical.  They feel great on, light and drapey.  

Trusted Contributor

All shopping outlets can’t be all things to all people. Plenty of places to shop for higher end both B&M and online.
Valued Contributor

If ladies are looking for linen,try TJ Maxx or Marshall's. I see a lot of linen items  there.I feel like they are reasonably priced but I HATE to iron so easy pass for me.