Honored Contributor

Re: Why not a higher end line of clothes?

If you are wanting high end items you are shopping in the wrong place.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

But they all say it looks like money. Don't you believe them?

Honored Contributor

QVC is not the place for high end clothing there are many other places for that

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

People aren't going to spend the money.  They will spend money on leather goods like handbags and shoes but they won't spend it on higher dollar clothing.  I'm guessing maybe one of the reasons is people keep their shoes and handbags longer as they stay in style for a longer period of time.  You also don't have to worry about fit with them.  Put on a few pounds or lose a few pounds and your shoes and handbags still work.  Put on a few pounds or lose a few pounds and you have a problem with your clothing.  

But with clothing, styles come and go and I think many people would rather have a larger amount of clothing at a mid to cheap price point that they can get rid of after a couple of seasons. They don't want to invest in a fewer high dollar pieces. You see posters posting about their daily and/or weekly purchases of items.  Not many can afford to do that if they are buying higher end.

Does anyone remember when Chloe Dao had a line of clothing here?  I think she was fresh off her appearances on Project Runway.  I will never forget that she was offering a pair of lined winter white pants and they were $65.00.  Posters were having a fit about the price of those pants.  $65.00 for a lined pair of pants and posters thought they were too expensive!!!   

Respected Contributor

@september wrote:

I agree, but every time a higher end handbag or shoe line is offered, posters start numerous threads about “who in their right mind would spend so much $$$” on such items.  

They also post similar comments about tops that cost about $50 or so. 

@september There seems to be a lot of mixed messages here regarding pricing. You have the posters who have no qualms buying from Nordstrom's, Saks, or other high end department stores, but balk at a $50 top from a QVC house brand. Maybe it's because they feel the pricing for house brands is outrageous because they perceive it as lower quality. Then there are the posters whom you mentioned. 

Even though I can't afford high end items, I still would watch for the presentation. Evine debuted Versace handbags last Sunday. All were $500 and up---clearly out of my price range, but I watched to see what they looked like and how functional they were. I would do the same with high end clothing as well.

Honored Contributor

I thing the women who buy couture or who buy silks, satins, cashmeres, real linen etc are not by means women who shop with shopping channels.  

Esteemed Contributor

d and c the price just shown for capris not my cup of tea. I will wait for when it goes on special. $40 after shipping and tax for a top-I don't need it that bad--keep it.

Honored Contributor

There were quality issues with GILI before Lisa left.  Personally, I think that fact played into her decision.  

Honored Contributor

I agree with @chrystaltree in her above comment.
Higher end clothing is available, but TV channel shoppers are not the ones buying high end products.
I would also say that simply higher price tags do not necessarily make it a better product.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

As much as I hate shopping, if I'm going to spend a lot of $ on high end clothing I want to see it in person.