Respected Contributor

Laurie Felt has lots of nice V-necks also. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@ALRATIBA wrote:
I never wear V necks. Prefer crew necklines.

@ALRATIBA   I think there’s a time and place for both. A crew neck tee in summer...stifling.

@Shanus 

That may be true for some people ... but not for me. 

My summer (and winter) necklines are crew and turtleneck.  My money, my clothes, my style, my mirror, my comfort level.  

Occasional Contributor

Interesting this site is called "a community" but your response is less so. That is technically a v but not a v. And for the record if you looked that includes swimwear.

Occasional Contributor

Agreed. Hoping that now that HSN and QVC are related that they will let go a bit of the modesty and make way for some lower v necklines. 

Occasional Contributor

That would be a nightmare but it is nice to know what looks best on your body and face. Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

I'm a 1X-2X with a 42D bust, and I love v-necks...as long as they are true v-necks (deeper than on a man's v-neck tee). I don't mind if it shows a half-inch or so of cleavage. My neck and chest are not sun-damaged at all, and are not wrinkled (probably because of the extra weight I carry!). The v-neck is sooooo much more flattering to me--and so hard to find one that is deep enough! I did buy Issac's recent TSV of 2 v-necks with elbow sleeves, and those are very good v-necks, plus I love the elbow sleeves!

For a bit dressier top, Linea has a new gauze crepe v-neck, 3/4 sleeve tunic that looks very nice--I just ordered 2 of those.

Respected Contributor

@50Mickey wrote:

I once heard Tim Gunn discussing necklines. He was bemoaning the fact that designers don't do a lot of V necks. He said that this is much more flattering on women than a crew neck. On me a V neck is a better look. Belk has some V neck tees in the spring and summer. 

I'm not a Tim Gunn fan, partly because I don't like his "one size fits all" advice about which styles are flattering (or not).

Honored Contributor

When you live in a really hot part of the county, you aren't as concerned with a v-neck and looks. 

I simply can't stand crew necks any more.  I only buy v necks.

Respected Contributor

I like deep V-necks and scoop necks. I dislike high V-necks and crew necks. They look so unflattering on me and are just way too conservative looking.

I see lots of V-necks at QVC and other places though, so I can't relate to the original complaint.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

I also prefer v necks....(large busted)... i think looks better in v necks. I see a lot of Kim Gravel items that are cute but not v necks. she is large busted so i wonder why she doesn't make more v necks ? I also pass on a lot of Isaac cause scoop necks...